.

.

Monday, January 3, 2011

We're on the home stretch!!!!

Things are getting interesting!! Things I'm feeling are changing, she's changing... I feel she's getting bigger and yet I'm not. So that has been making things interesting especially when I try to go to sleep at night and she decides to do, what feels to me like sommersaults. Its getting waaaay beyond uncomfortable. And shall I mention, since she's doing it right at this very moment, hiccups!! Only a week or so ago, they were small enough to not bother me. But now.... well, they're not small anymore. And she gets them everyday!!! Is that normal?? Poor baby. Sometimes I've been able to rub her (back?) and she'll stop, but not always.
And Sean.... well he's changing too. He's kicking things into gear... finishing up the nursery so we can set up the crib, finishing the bathroom (we have towel bars!!), etc. AND he's putting a stop to me doing any 'projects' I want to do (like today I wanted to wash all the windows inside and out). He told me I have to be bored for the next 5 weeks, I have to take it easy "for real!". I was laughing, but he was not. :) I warned him that there's a nesting phase at the very end so not to get mad at me. lol But there are things that have happened in the last 24 hours that led up to this. Last night, I basically (and quite gracefully I must say) skied down the bottom 6 stairs with a basket of clothes in one hand and a bag of trash in the other. It really was graceful as neither my bum nor my back ever hit the stairs. I simply slipped, or skied, down the stairs in my down boots he bought me for Christmas. I didn't realize how slippery they were until that moment. I finally caught myself by, sort of, landing on the basket with my arm. There was no jolt or bang. So I'm really not worried about myself or baby (although my heel hurts today), but it definitely scared us both. He did, as all caring husbands do, yell at me, in love of course, and then hugged me. I cried, of course. But all is well. And then today, I informed him that ..... and let me warn you this is going to get kind of gross (for any men reading this) ...... I passed some kind of huge gelatinous glob today. I won't go into details but after talking to my sister-in-law and reading online, it definitely could be at least part of my mucus plug. This could mean a variety of things. But it certainly freaked Sean out and I started packing my overnight bag. :-D And let me just take this opportunity to say that packing that bag REALLY hit me in a very weird, reality-check, kind of way. This is freaking for real!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!! We're definitely on the home stretch!! We're definitely having a baby!! I'M definitely birthing a baby! And we're definitely going to be parents. FINALLY!!!!!
The air in the house is getting energetic as we get closer. I can tell things are changing for both of us as we anticipate her arrival. I can hardly wait. Especially now that I'm getting more uncomfortable, more tired and more out of breath. Thank God I only have 2 days of work this week and then 2 days next week and I'm done!!! But even now, its nice to have more time off than normal. Overall I'm still feeling great! I am just anxious to meet our long-awaited daughter, our huge little blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment