My Life Group baby shower
Dinner is set for party of 6!
Explorer baby shower! Traci and Kristin
I keep meaning to write every day as there are so many little things I could share, but I have made myself very busy so far on my maternity leave. I definitely have not been bored. I have combined some social with some productivity with some rest each day. So far, its been great! And today.... WE HAVE SUN!!!! Thank you Lord! Thats the only thing that's been killing me.
I had my last two showers this past weekend. Friday night, the girls from my bible study group threw me a shower/dinner. It was a wonderful time of sharing and laughing. After dinner, Lisa shared a word with us and then they each prayed over me, Sean and the baby. It was amazing! I am so blessed. Then on Saturday, my friends on Explorer celebrated with me. They gave me a beautiful shower with beautiful food and lots of laughs!! I have known many of these girls for the 11 years that I've been a nurse. I even had two friends that came from Reedley and Davis just to share in this amazing miracle with me! It was sort of a reunion. We had a great time!! I have been patiently waiting for all my showers to come so I could finally shop for our little girl! Please don't think that I have not appreciated each and every one. I feel SO overwhelmed and blessed by the love and care shown at these showers. We have been abundantly blessed by the gifts. However, for someone who needs to plan ahead and prepare, both physically and financially, its been difficult for me to patiently wait up until only a month before my due date! But by Sunday, I finally was able to take stock of what we still needed and I had the excitement of going SHOPPING on Monday!!! AND... I received so many gift cards that I still have not had to spend one penny. WOW!!! I had so much fun!! I literally have only bought her two outfits, and that is it, this entire pregnancy! I am pretty proud of myself. But the flood gates have opened and I've been at babies R us and Target almost every day this week!!!!! LOL The last important piece of baby stuff that we needed to be prepared for her arrival, the carseat, is now purchased and loaded into my car!! We are absolutely ready now!
Although I have been feeling really good overall, I am so grateful for the timing of being off work as my back, bones and ligaments "down there" have been hurting a lot more. I have had the hardest time going to sleep at night. And I have been exhausted. But I'm figuring out what I need during this time off and beginning to start new habits. That has helped a lot. I knew once I stopped working (which truly was my form of exercise and activity) I would need to be more intentional about getting out and walking. So the last few days, I've taken my doggie, Maddie, out for 20-25 minute walks around the neighborhood. I usually stop 3 or 4 times to relax and breathe through the braxton hicks contractions. My doula, Jill, says to use these as practice for breathing. Then I come home and do exercises and stretching (yoga) on my exercise ball (now called a birthing ball). Its amazing how good I feel after I do this. That ball is awesome to relieve pain and achiness. I love it! I plan to go back to the yoga class this Saturday!! I've missed it!
Nothing new to share regarding my doctor's appt this week. He will check me next week to see where I stand. But all is well. Baby is moving and GROWING in this body of mine that is NOT growing. She is running out of room every single day. The other night I cried out as she kicked me in the ribs! lol But still.... I love feeling her and will miss it. I know I will have her in my arms, but i can't imagine not feeling her inside me. I think I will long for another pregnancy. Then again, I may be too busy and tired to think about it. :)
(the first two pics are from Friday night's shower. The following are from Saturday) ... :-D
I LOVE reading your blog and your journey!! Thank you for taking the time to write for us all to read!! :)
ReplyDelete