I was just reading my very good friend, Lisa's, blog. She and Brent are adopting twins. They are due one month behind us but may very well come in the next few weeks. Again, I was overwhelmed by God's goodness as I thought of all Lisa and I have gone through on this journey of infertility. Even during my prayer time this morning, I was praying for her and couldn't help but stop in praise and worship for how He has brought us both to this point of beautiful miracles, and all at the same time! That we could go through brand new parenting together with all its ups and downs. What a great support we will have in each other. In her blog she wrote a poem from the book Streams in the Desert. And I'm going to borrow it and post it here. We don't always know or understand the road that God has us on. There are still many things, looking back, that I don't understand. But in the end, God IS wiser than we and He knows, like a Father, what is best for us. Sean even commented last night that God's timing really is better than ours. And the trials and difficult things we go through will always be used by Him to grow us and perfect us. It is in our brokenness that we get our eyes fixed back on Him, right where we need to be. Not one moment is ever wasted by Him. He does not cause them, but He will always use them for His purpose. Thank you Lord for loving me so very much to spend so much time on me!
We may wait till He explains,
Because we know that Jesus reigns.
It puzzles me; but, Lord, Thou understandest,
And wilt one day explain this crooked thing.
Meanwhile, I know that it has worked out Thy best-
Its very crookedness taught me to cling.
Though has fenced up my ways, made my paths crooked,
To keep my wand'ring eyes fixed on Thee,
To make me what I was not, humble, patient;
To draw my heart from earthly love to Thee.
So I will thank and praise Thee for this puzzle,
And trust where I cannot understand.
Rejoicing Thou dost hold me worth such testing,
I cling the closer to Thy guiding hand.
Because we know that Jesus reigns.
It puzzles me; but, Lord, Thou understandest,
And wilt one day explain this crooked thing.
Meanwhile, I know that it has worked out Thy best-
Its very crookedness taught me to cling.
Though has fenced up my ways, made my paths crooked,
To keep my wand'ring eyes fixed on Thee,
To make me what I was not, humble, patient;
To draw my heart from earthly love to Thee.
So I will thank and praise Thee for this puzzle,
And trust where I cannot understand.
Rejoicing Thou dost hold me worth such testing,
I cling the closer to Thy guiding hand.
I feel the same way...amazed at how God has carried us on this journey of infertility and how He is now blessing us with little ones. It brings tears to my eyes. And, I am so glad we get to experience this new season together too! All glory to God! Love you! Lisa
ReplyDelete