.

.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

God is SO good and faithful!!!

The past week has been really good.  Far better than the previous week as I struggled through the subtle, subconscious feelings of loneliness and melancholy.  We've been trying to decide which church campus we want to go to.  Gateway is much like The Well in that it is a multi-campus church.  We loved the Southlake campus, but it is 25 min away and we won't be able to go with our friends anymore on Saturday night because Sean works.  So we tried out the NRH campus which is only 12 min from us.  We liked it, but we are less likely to get a "live" sermon versus Pastor Robert preaching live.  So, Sean wanted to try Southlake again this past Sunday.  We asked around and it seems Pastor Robert usually preaches "live" at least half the time at the 9:00am service.  That was worth the drive for Sean.  But God had other plans for our time there Sunday.  And it didn't take us long to realize that that's the campus we're supposed to be at.  We just feel more at home there even though it is bigger.  That service was the first time, since we've been here, that I could 100% enter into worship and the message without being distracted by everything around me, checking everyone out (worship team, leaders, pastor, etc) and questioning their every move.  I've found it's this way for at least a month every time we have changed churches... from the Well to People's to, now, Gateway.  It's normal to question everything until you come to know the heart of the people and the church and can respect and trust it.  But this church, I'm finding quickly, is solid.  So.... after church Sean says "Let's go to the Guest Services" (I'm thinking... ok, there's coffee and snacks!).  Even after a month, we hadn't been yet.  I was my normal skeptical self thinking "what? like we're going to magically meet new friends there?".  (God help me!... lol... I can be so "glass half empty" sometimes)  The first lady greeted us.  Then we walked on and another guy introduced himself.  He said he was the Men's Pastor.  I said "Great! He needs to meet you!".  lol  We quickly learned they are friends with our friends, Luke and Kathy, and we later realized this was the same couple that Luke and Kathy wanted to connect us with.  Awesome how God works!  Out of a couple thousand people, and we meet them!  They're Todd and Debbie and Debbie and I quickly hit it off.  We talked for a half an hour and agreed to meet for coffee by the end.  During this, the two people that led worship walked up and started talking with all of us as well.  They are married and it was under their leadership that I just felt so at home and could enter into worship.  They were wonderful to get to know as well.  As Debbie and I talked, Sean continued walking around meeting more people (he's really become the social butterfly!)  When Todd found out he is looking for a new job, he invited him to the Thursday morning men's prayer and breakfast.  He said there are a ton of connections there and he would get him connected and find him a job!  THEN... Sean meets a couple that recently moved here from Bakersfield and it's his job to help place people in jobs!!!!   It's crazy how God works!  I thought, even if nothing comes out of this specific meeting, it still placed, in us both, a hope and faith and a reminder that God IS in control and He DOES have a plan for Sean and for us and is working it out!  Thank you Jesus!

Well Sean went to that prayer time this morning, and though I can hardly tell all the details the way he did, it was an awesome time!  He said there were 40-50 guys there that were so solid and hungry to dive into more of God!  The worship and prayer time was awesome!  He said every guy there was so genuine and eager to meet and fellowship with each other, and especially the 'new guy'.  A couple guys talked extensively with him about jobs and such.  He is really excited, not only for the connections made, but also the way God ministered to him this morning and the words God spoke to him.  It made me excited all over again for what God has in store for us!  I won't lie, it's been tough.  With the change and minimal friend connections and dealing with new jobs and it being so tight financially, you begin doubting if you were right in coming.  But God keeps telling me not to doubt.  I have total peace that we are where God wants us.  HE led us here.  HE made the way.  We have been constantly reminded week after week that we are to trust Him.  It seems every Sunday, the theme of worship for me has been trust.  This last Sunday morning God really ministered that trust to me and gently convicted me that I've been trying to do it in my own strength.  From my marriage to my parenting to my job, finances, friends and spiritual life.  But I'm to lean on Him and trust Him and allow Him to provide in every way we need.  I can hardly wait to see all that God has for us.  It may takes months, years or decades, but I will wait in anticipation!

On another note.... we drove to Decatur today so I could, finally, get my Texas driver's license!  We got the inside scoop to drive 40 min and have a painless (even enjoyable) experience  at the DPS (DMV).  It was a beautiful drive actually!  Green, rolling hills the whole way.  It was raining by the time we got there. 

 I was excited for this day but so sad because I've had THE BEST license picture for 10 years!  And I had to hand it over today.

462747_4591075856311_112220398_o.jpg

See what I mean??? hehe

Well, it's official, I'm finally a Texas resident!  And although the picture turned out pretty good, and I thought my hair looked great, I have a bob in the picture.  It was excruciating when I saw that.  :$  A bob.  I hate bobs!  Oh well.... I'm stuck with it until I die!  lol   We had a great time talking during the drive and Emery did great as well! Whew!  Now, both of my babes are napping and I have a quiet house to myself.  It's overcast and rainy outside and I'm still sipping my toffee nut latte.  However, although it's kind of cool, it's humid.  But I just pretend like I'm in Hawaii because that's exactly what it feels like!  It's very tropical!.... yep... I got my bikini on, swinging in a hammock between two palm trees, sipping a mai tai, listening to the ocean waves... oh wait that was the train going by.  Oh well, I try.  lol   

Emery is doing great!  We just put two and two together last night that she and sugar do NOT do well together!  Although I've tried really hard to keep sugar away as long as possible, I've begun to relax a little.  Well she loves frosted mini wheats, and I bought a box at Costco.  For me, they are the best because they have the BEST coverage of frosting.   But for her, I pick out the ones with the least amount or I bite off the frosting.  Well, Sean did not know that and gave it to her yesterday, frosting and all.  He said she was a little punk and was super mean all morning!  We thought back and I think he is right!  (I had to tell him the 'right' way to give her those... lol)  So no more sugar for her!  I'm back to being strict!  Oh... some of you think, "what? sweet little Emery? mean? noooo....".   Yeeeeesssss!!!!!   When she doesn't like something I tell her, she will stand there, look me straight in the eye, and start to pinch my arm or leg while she grits her teeth.   Oh HECK NO sister!!!  That is an immediate time out!  (which is working pretty well, by the way)

I took two videos (of which I cannot upload, of course).  One is her taking up the drums!  She's got more rhythm on those than I do and I'm not even joking!  The other is her dancing with Elmo!  She is seriously musically inclined!  Sorry to tease you but I had to mention these as they were really cute!!!  hehe





 My friend, Kathy, and I potted some plants for my balcony!

 We finally got a TV!!!  It has been SO hard without one now that we have a baby and can't do anything at night AND everything else in our life is crazy.  Feels good to have some kind of normal again.  Football!!!!

These are Emery's art from the past three weeks.  The one in the middle is obviously my favorite!
Gateway has the most awesome childcare during our bible study on Tuesday mornings!!  She can be there from 9:30 until 1:00 if we choose to go to lunch afterward.  I pack her a lunch and they have lunch time at 11:30.
They have an entire curriculum for 18 month olds!!!!!.


I LOVE MY FAMILY!!
(Please forgive the quality of the pic. I had to take a picture of the computer screen. haha)
And I just wanted to share this family picture.  It's taken me 4 years to fully accept my new family.  There were many obstacles for me too overcome.  But in the months leading up to us moving, God really changed my heart and grew my relationship with Sherril, my step-dad's wife.  Although I have always really liked her and enjoyed being around her, I naturally had a difficult time fully accepting her and her family into mine.  But I am proud to say this is my family.  All of them.  It's beautiful, really.  The way God can restore and make new.  I am incredibly grateful.  This was taken at Sherril's son's wedding.  
From left... Joshua (nephew), me and Emery, Jordan (nephew), Chuck (my step-dad), Terry (brother), Sherril, Renee (sister-in-law...Terry's wife), Milena (new sister-in-law), Brandon (Sherril's son and step-brother), Kevin (brother... Chuck's son), Chris (brother...Chuck's son), Melissa (my sister-in-law... married to Chris), Brian (Sherril's son and step-brother)

No comments:

Post a Comment