Last night we went out for Sean's birthday to Red Hot and Blue BBQ. It was really good food however the atmosphere was not quite what I was hoping for. But we had a great time with our friends, Steve and Tyranie and Luke and Kathy and their families. We sat over dessert and talked about the transition of moving somewhere new. Steve and Tyranie just moved here from Fresno 18 months ago, so it is still fresh, but they are finally getting to that place of feeling like this is home, so they are understanding and give us hope as well. Luke and Kathy moved back here (been here before) from Fresno a couple years ago. They have moved many times as he worked to become a doctor and so they are very understanding and also have tremendous experience as well. It felt really good to just open up and vent about all my weird, unexpected feelings, thoughts and emotions I've been having. I stopped at one point and thought I better tone it down because I didn't want to offend anyone here. And then I realized I was in the presence of fellow Fresnans, not home grown Texans. Aaaaahhhhh.... Not that I was saying anything horrible, but just some personal hangups I've been having, which I attribute solely to the grieving process of letting go of my old life in Fresno and all that it means (and that's a whole other post!). God has been so faithful and good to give us these friends who are so ready and willing to be here for us through this transition. I could never imagine if God would have opened up any of the other positions Sean applied to in other states. It would have been terrible! All this to say.... I realize it is a wave of emotion. And I'm holding on for the ride! I know it will calm and the sun will come out. There is hope. Again, for all you who may be wondering, we do not regret our decision to move out here and we have no doubt God Himself made the way for us. Just a season of turning the page in this next chapter of our lives. It's a work in progress!

(most of us) at Red Hot and Blue BBQ!
(from left... Zach, Steve, Tyranie, Kathy, Meagen(the littlest), Hannah (in front),
Madeline, Elizabeth, Emery and Sean)
me being a goof... of course! lol
The guys hanging out
Now.... because this is MY blog... I can show off my creative baking! ;-) So... I insisted on making Sean desserts from scratch. On Thursday, I went to Kathy's (on left) house and while Emery napped, we got to baking. She lent me her recipes and the use of her kitchen. We worked together to make these scrumptious desserts. Friday night after dinner, we returned to Kathy's house and they both helped me finish the desserts, garnish and plate! Great work girls!!
Me and my sous chefs!
* Coconut cream pie in a homemade graham cracker crust
with homemade whipped cream and toasted fresh coconut
* Chocolate sour cream cheesecake on a homemade graham cracker crust with homemade raspberry reduction, fresh raspberries and shaved dark chocolate and mint to garnish
And best of all..... the Love of my life!!!!
Happy birthday Babe!!! I am so honored to share this time of our lives together!
No comments:
Post a Comment