On Labor Day, we both had the day off and so decided to have a day trip into Dallas. We needed a destination so we picked the new location for Trader Joe's. It was in this very old, very quaint area of Dallas. It reminded us a lot of a Tower District kind of area. A little shady to the untrained eye, but kind of cool too. Definitely potential. Next we drove toward the high rise buildings until we found something that looked worth stopping for. Well, since Emery was getting restless and cranky, we stopped at the first park we found, Robert E. Lee Park in Uptown Dallas. It was beautiful. Check it out!
This was THE biggest starbucks I've ever heard of or been in. It was enormous!!!
Today I wanted to do something fun for me and Emery (okay... for me... with Emery... lol). I had been told that there was an Ooh La La here in Grapevine. That is the store that I left behind in Fresno. It was where I did most of my clothes shopping. I was so sad to leave it, but then excited to hear there is one here! So that was our destination today. Plus, we would get to check out, and stroll around, historic downtown Grapevine. Well, after attempting to take the freeway route, only to end up in horrific traffic, fight with a phone that was not working, and deal with an already crying baby in the back seat, I was about ready to lose my mind. I was definitely on the brink. It was not one of my prouder moments. But we finally made our way, via surface streets, to Grapevine. We ended up having a super fun time exploring the many shops, talking to people in each one, and milling around the farmers market. It was a hot one today, but it felt great to be out and about! We ended up in a deli, Weinberger's, for the most amazing sandwich!!! We ate, I let Emery walk off some energy, and then we headed home. We were out for a few hours. She slept all the way home and I got some quiet time at home for a bit. It was so much fun!
Um... yes please! We're going!
To my dismay, this was NOT the same store as I had in Fresno. I was so sad... :'( It was more older lady clothes with a few cute sweaters and Miss Me jeans. But definitely not a store full of young high fashion!
We've been doing well lately. A few bumps, but no bruises. Sunday we visited the NRH Gateway campus for church. It is only 8 min from our home rather than the usual 30 min to the Southlake campus. They took over a grocery store, so that's basically what it looks like from the outside, but from the inside they transformed it. It was a smaller campus. We liked it, but we haven't made a decision yet. Personally, I felt a little more 'at home' at the bigger campus, as weird as that is. But we would definitely run into people more at the NRH campus if we stay and start meeting people. Anyway... I'm rambling now. But that's the update on that.
Jobs are going good. I'm feeling a little more comfortable in my new OR setting. I think people are warming up to me a tiny bit more. I'm so impatient. I want them to like me NOW! lol
Emotionally, I'll be honest, it's getting harder. The longer I'm here, the more I miss the familiar back home. Number one, my friends and family. But even my old OR, friends at work and the comfort of that. My church, pastor and his wife, who I had made friends with. (OH, how I miss them!). So, it's hard. Some days I just want to pull away and not see anyway (on facebook) or take any phone calls or text anyone. Maybe it would help, but maybe it wouldn't. I've never done this before, so I just don't know. Sometimes I feel I'm holding on to what was. And to some extent, there might be truth in that, and the Lord has new things in store. So I know I'll need to let go, not to ignore or forget, but to release to the Lord what is His and simply open myself up to what He has anew. My relationships are forever, so I can rest in that.
Although Sean and I went into this knowing it wasn't going to be easy, that we would face loneliness, doubt and some tough moments, we still couldn't completely prepare ourselves for it. So it doesn't take me by surprise, but I'm at a loss as to how to deal with it. And that is where God wants me... coming to Him, relying on Him and seeking His face. That is what this is all about. God is doing good things. And I'm excited to see what's next!

















No comments:
Post a Comment