.

.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Updates and walkers!

Just woke up to Emery crying.... It's only 6:30.  Gave her pacifer and she's back to sleep.  But not me.  So I thought I would update.  God is so good.  As much as I wanted to experience Tennessee, when the reality hit, I think it scared me to death.  So when Sean did not get the position last week, I was somewhat relieved.  I am not afraid of moving, but we have not been to Tenn so we know nothing about it except what people tell us (which is all great!).  And we know not a soul there.  Only a couple hours after Sean found out and told me the news, I found myself broken down with my car at Riverpark.  I thought.... what would I do if I was in Tenn??  Ok... I know, the easy answer is call AAA.  But here, I have a million people I could call.  I am still open to moving and wait with anticipation for where God will land us (even here in good ol' Fresno).  He is faithful to equip and provide no matter where He takes us.  But with all that said, there was some disappointment for sure.  What an adventure that would be.  I have always been intrigued by TN, so I suppose we will have to plan a vacation there sometime to meet that curiousness.  Sean is applying to the Fresno store today.  So please be praying that God's will will prevail!

On to Emers..... what an amazing little girl she is!  She is walking now!.... at least 80% of the time, she is on her feet and walking!  Its awesome!  She is a cautious walker for sure.  Not one of those babies that takes off once they figure it out.  But very cautious.  Methodical.  She's adorable!  :)  The last few days have been pretty challenging however.  Friday, she ate like a champ, eating everything I put in front of her.  But then saturday and sunday, she hardly ate anything all day.  I know I shouldn't take it personally, but I can't help it.  I know if she's hungry she will eat, but I still feel like its something I'm doing wrong.  Ugh.  It can be so frustrating.  I do wonder if she's teething again.  Sean said she ate better yesterday.  So I think I will try the teething tablets before meals today.

It's amazing to me how this precious, beautiful, innocent, longed-for-for-ten-years baby can exhibit such sinful qualities!!  It proves to me that we really are sinful beings and are in need of a Saviour!  Emery has been having little fits, or tantrums, lately.  Usually because she can't have something she wants.  But sometimes it is for no reason.  She will grab on to my hands or arms and squeeze as tight as she can and then dig her nails in and scratch.... her whole body shakes and this squeal escapes her perfect little lips..... could this be MY child????  lol  Where does she get that??!!!  Not from TV, or other kids (yet), or from us......  well......  Sean thinks she gets it from me.  Ok, fine, so I've thrown a few tantrums with my hair in my lifetime (legendary in the McCarley household if my mom was here to tell you).  And maybe a few since I've been married (Sean learned to just walk away).  But not in many, many years now.  Could it really be that innate??  Yikes!!!!  I caught a glimpse at raising a girl!  So.... discipline and correction has begun.  I would hate for her to do that to another child.  Here we go..... from babyhood to toddlerhood.  Hold on and enjoy the ride, right?!  Well I will enjoy, no doubt.  Its gonna be crazy!  lol

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so I was sad for you guys to hear about Sean not getting the job. But, honestly, I was relieved because in my heart I was not ready to have you guys move yet! :) I would miss you guys soooo much! And on the issue of tantrums, I was cracking up at what you wrote! Oh yes, we are in for a wild ride in the next couple of years!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and if you moved to TN I wouldn't get to see you either!

      Delete