Today was a wonderful day for mommy! It started out with Emery and I going to my bible study at church. God is continuing this work that He began doing in me 2 months ago. This morning it was in my face. At the end there was a powerful time of prayer. How good God is! and faithful and oh so thorough! Afterward, I dropped Emery off with Sean to eat and nap and I headed to meet two new friends for lunch. Back in December, our pastor's wife, Joni, introduced me to a friend of hers after hearing our story at Emery's dedication. She asked if I'd be willing to connect with her and we have since been talking but have yet to be able to get a time that we can hang out and share with each other of our journey through infertility. So last week she invited me to lunch with her and Joni as it is their weekly girl's date. I was honored and more than excited to join them. We had a wonderful time sharing our stories and life together and encouraging each other. They both are such wonderful women and I'm excited to get to know them more. It was a wonderful time today with these women of faith! We are so blessed to serve a God that personally loves us so much! Well after that I rushed home so Sean could go to work. Emery continued to sleep for almost 2 more hours!!!! So, still, mommy had some great relaxing 'me' time. She woke up, ate and we headed to the store. Once home I prepared my pasta dish for a potluck tonight with friends and we headed over!
Now.... here's where Emery comes in.... she has become SUCH the walker!!! I think she walked around my friend's entire house tonight! She was on her feet probably 90% of the time! And she LOVED playing with the older girls.... seeking them out, laughing at them, crawling (running!) from them and just plain interacting. It was cutest, and most awesome thing for this mom to see! Every day continues to make it more and more real to me. That this little helpless baby truly is growing up into a little girl who I will throw birthday parties for, will skin her knee and come crying to me, will take to disneyland, send off to school, dress for prom and someday even get married!!! ... more and more real every day. When she was a baby, I tended to think she would always be a baby. But now, with every change, she is just so real. It's absolutely wonderful!!! She even learned to go up and down steps (they have two small ones in their living room). Which.... I'm not so sure I like that idea. However it still was cool seeing her learn that and become somewhat independent. Once, she even kind of roll off one, losing her balance, but got right back up and walked away. I was so proud of her!!! :)
The entire day was great. And I got to spend time with my friends tonight as well. And now I am sad that I will work tomorrow and that I didn't get much play time with her by myself today. But I always have to remember that these days are important for mommy AND baby. It's not that I need a break the way a stay-at-home mom does, but I still need adult time and girl time as well. So I'm grateful! One day with daddy and then I'll get her to myself again for three days!!!! Yippeeeeeee!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment