.

.

Monday, December 13, 2010

His Grace is Sufficient!

God works in funny ways. Last night when I went to bed, I prayed and asked the Lord to show me what it looks like to be a woman of God at work. I know people know I'm a Christian and over all they would probably consider me a good christian girl. But do I really stand apart? Do I really live a life that reveals something different and draws them to God? I don't feel I do. So I asked Him to begin to show me what that looks like. This morning I came into work to find that I was working with my least favorite doctor. And this is only because the last time I worked with her I was ready to inflict serious harm on her and left the room (I think unbeknownst to her) in tears. Let me just say that no one has ever made me cry at work! Ever! No one! But now with the hormones, things are just different. So... seeing that I was once again working with her all day, I was not okay with that. And the Lord immediately spoke to my heart and I began to pray. As I set up my room I prayed. I prayed that His grace would be enough for me today. That He would fill this room with His presence and everything not of Him would have to leave. I turned on the radio and what song was playing?? "Your grace is enough... for me!" I had to laugh as I sang it out loud. Then the Lord reminded me of my prayer and that how I act and respond today, my attitude and whether I complain and vent or not, is the character of a woman of God. (I confess the way I responded last time was far from Christ-like) Whew!! How quickly He answered our prayers. And yes, His grace has, so far, been sufficient for me. I feel at peace and in control of my feelings and thoughts. I choose to respond in kindness and love if any situation arises. Thank you Lord for this opportunity.
Well I have felt terrific for the past 3 or 4 weeks!! One day I finally realized that I have felt the most normal that I have in 7 months!! ... besides the growing belly, of course. It seems I hit the third trimester and got an extra dose of energy. Nice!! I love it!! But now I'm fearing that it may be over. I am praying and hoping that the last 3 days were just a tiring 3 days and not the end of my energy. I'm hoping for at least another 4 weeks of energy because I'm told the last month can be tough once again. But I'm grateful. I'm grateful for the break from exhaustion. I can't complain. I worked 2 days and was exhausted and then yesterday it started out good but quickly went down hill after church. I don't even know what happened.. whether it was the weather in combination with my hormones, but I fell apart. Sean went to go help a friend and as soon as he walked out the door, the flood gates opened. I cried myself to sleep and slept for an hour and a half (much needed). The weird thing about hormonal crying is that you really have no idea what you're crying about. There really was no good reason. At one point I had stopped, but then look up at the ceiling and saw a cobweb and almost started crying again. Maybe that's how I was feeling about areas of my life. Like there's cobwebs that need to be cleaned out. Ok, maybe I'm stretching a little.... lol.... But nevertheless it felt good and needed to come out. Today is a new day and I feel better already. Though work is really the least place I want to be. But at least its bright in here unlike the dreariness outside. I decided I could not be pregnant in Seattle or Oregan. I would be a mess. Ha!! Well, back to work.....!!!! Smiles!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your vulnerablity...you are truly a woman after God's heart! I respect you deeply, dear friend. Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete