.

.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Reality Check!!!

I went home early yesterday from work. Not unusual when I work in the OR, but I went home earlier than normal. I have been having braxton hicks (few here and there) for the past couple months. No big deal. But yesterday, they started while I was sitting around relaxing.... they were more frequent and stronger than any I've had before. They came 4 times in 15 minutes at first. They continued frequently for about 45 minutes. That's when everyone suggested I go home. I was already thinking this. Although I knew deep inside I needn't worry, but I thought going home and just lying down and resting would be good in general. So I did. I went home around 3:30. Of course, I was fine once I got home, took and shower and planted myself on the couch with my book. My nurse practitioner and friend, Jane, had told me what to look for. So I monitored myself for awhile. Honestly, I think baby was just tired of being at work. lol I felt bad telling Sean. The look on his face showed concern. But I tried to reassure him I didn't think it was anything to worry about. The rest of the night was fine. A couple times I felt what felt like a contraction but realized it was one sided and just the baby pushing her bum against me! That was almost as uncomfortable! :) But this was eye opening for me. I'm getting closer!!! It seems so surreal and crazy! I'm only 30 1/2 weeks right now. So she needs to stay in there a while longer. But to think she could come in the next few weeks and our baby girl could be in our arms. Its very exciting!!! (Not so exciting if she came right now, so she and I had a talk and I continue to pray over her!)
Also, it hit me during my surgery case just now.... how truly amazing this whole thing is. To think I had resigned myself (actually submitted myself with all my dreams and desires to the Lord) to the thought that I would never experiencepregnancy. And I would have been happy had God just given us a child by any means. Because in the end, its really about having a healthy child and family for me. But having the honor to experience carrying her and growing her inside me is awesome and miraculous. I started crying (right there in the OR! Great!) at the thought of this. I am so grateful! I will never take this time for granted!! Thank you Lord Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment