.

.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

At least we have dessert....

Well today has been a day so far. So many different emotions and weird things today! (sorry... I really didn't plan to write so much. This one is a novel)
Forgetfulness
First, I tell Sean this morning to remember to take the Honda because I need the Expedition. 5 minutes later I walk out the door and take the Honda to my friends to meet her to walk. 5 min after that I get a text from Sean going "I thought....". I'm so retarded! Obviously I blamed it on the pregnancy! (man I'm going to miss that excuse)
Disappointment
Then such a disappointment happened. The other day I won 4 tickets to the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular at work!!! Sounds silly, but I was really excited about this! Its not something I would ever spend money on, atleast not in Fresno. But since they were free, I was stoked! Sean was not so much. But nevertheless.... "we'll make it a couples thing" I said. He was okay with that. The email from Human Resources said we had to turn in the vouchers for the real tickets at the Savemart Center box office by the 26th... today! Right? WRONG!!! I get there and the girl proceeds to tell me, in a matter of fact way, that they had to be picked up by yesterday! I was like "WHAT?" I said "Are you sure? There's no other way?" And again, very matter of factly, said "No". I was so upset I almost threw the tickets at the window at her. (don't worry I didn't) But I did fold them up and throw them in the first trash can I could find. Which I immediately regretted, thinking maybe there would be a second chance since HR screwed up. Now they're gone for good. (I checked the email when I got home and sure enough it said the 26th... yes I sent them an email!) Again I chalk my anger up to the hormones. But the reason is.... ever since last year's trip to NY, I believe I lost my heart there. I'm in love, fascinated, perplexed by that city. I think I should have been born a New Yorker. It just fits me! (some of you might disagree, but its true!) I felt so at home. So these silly little tickets were going to give me just a little taste of NY this Christmas season. Needless to say, Sean was not so sad, but being the sensitive one that he has been (he learns quick), he was sad for me.
Goodbyes
From there I took my friends to the airport. My friend Sue will return next week. But Dan is leaving for good (almost) to go to the Dominican Republic for the next 3 years. I say almost because he will be back for a weekend in 3 weeks or so and our bible study plans to meet up with him and Sue. But today, I said goodbye. I never could have anticipated becoming friends with him and his girlfriend, Sue. It came as a wonderful surprise when I ran into them at our church, The Well, and met her for the first time. (He was one of our newest ortho surgeons at the hospital and I had a strong feeling he was a Christian) Then only a couple weeks later he took off to Haiti, with only a few days notice, to help with the crisis that was happening over there at the beginning of the year. Sue and I became very quick friends!! God is so awesome in the way He provides and takes care of us. So I say Bon Voyage and God bless!! See you in 3 weeks! And then the official, real, difficult goodbye will happen. (I think that may have to be the first big vacation baby Noble takes... to visit Dan and Sue once she moves over to be with him)
Mindlessness
And last of all... we decided to get together with some friends tonight after they get off work. I said "oh just come on over to our house" (being the hospitable person I am). I head off to Trader Joe's to get groceries and something for dinner. Well I went in with one idea and one idea only. And of course they did not have the pork loin I wanted. I stood there staring for who knows how long. I walked every aisle trying to think of something for dinner. Its so ridiculous that I cannot come up with one thing to cook!! (beside spaghetti or tacos... I just can't be a simpleton) I have always struggled with this. I don't know why. I really wish I did. Maybe it is something I should take to my counselor and dig deep into my childhood, I don't know. But I was so frustrated. Now I have 4 people coming over and I have NOTHING! I held back tears a few times while there. I finally succumbed to the inevitable and texted Sean the reality of the situation. He, once again, was encouraging. He finally, after much effort, was successful in making me laugh. But it took a lot.

I've really been doing better. But I'm just still not used to all this emotion and how quickly it can go from one end of the spectrum to the next. I just can't wait for Sean to get home. It will be a good night, regardless. All you need is yours friends. And at least we have dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment