





Well I paid a visit to a friend who is a lactation specialist yesterday. I thought Emery and I were pros but I've hit another rough spot in the last 2 days and needed help with a plugged duct and excruciating pain. All this adds into my growing lack of confidence that she is latching on and getting enough from me. So my time with Jill was very productive. Although, during the night, it adds a little bit of stress as it takes more work, patience and time to make sure she is latched on correctly. AND... she's having her first growth spurt! She woke me up every two hours last night to feed. Actually, a couple times neither one of us ever got to sleep. Sean was up trying to console her and decided she was still hungry. This is so disheartening to me after I spent an hour getting her fed. But once again, this morning set a clean slate. She woke up around 7 or 730 but I was NOT ready to wake up. (so you don't think I'm a bad mommy, she wakes me up, I get her on, and then she falls back to sleep. So having said that....) I pulled her into bed with me with the intention of feeding her in a couple minutes but we both fell back to sleep cuddling! We slept until 830! Yippee!!! And then she fed GREAT and we had some really great awake time. Both Sean and I got to play with her. And I got some great pics too! ;) Every morning she makes the night before all better and very worth it. She's just so yummy!!!
I've had a few ups and downs lately, mainly with her feeding, trying to keep her awake while feeding and dealing with the normal evening fussiness. But we're getting it. The stress is that she's still not up to her birth weight (we'll see on Monday) so the dr. wants us feeding every 3 hours. Except during the day I have to wake her up and it takes her 20-30 min to wake up enough to eat. So I'd rather let her sleep. This way she gets well rested and feeds better once awake. Makes sense to me. Anyone have any thoughts on this?.... please share!
Sean and I both had a horrible night the other night. I was not doing well emotionally. But it just reminds me that I need more rest and need to embrace the grace that God gives me during these rough spots. He says in His Word that He will never give us more than we can handle. I know over all, I've got it good with Emery. But in those dark moments, I feel like those are indicative of the next few months. SO not true! I hold on to the fact that this too shall pass and God is carrying me through every growth spurt, every change, every feed... as we grow and learn together.
You are doing an amazing job I know it! Reading this brought me back to the first few weeks of being a Mommy. Very hard at times! I remember those nights and days of crying with all of the same thoughts and issues (with feeding) that you shared. You are right, "this too shall pass", even though it doesn't seem like it when you're in the middle of it!
ReplyDeleteShe is just so precious! Thanks for sharing these new pictures, wow, she's just perfect!
Dear sweet friend! I miss you and I have been just dying to see recent pics of Emery! I was so excited to finally have a second (yes, it is 1:15 in the morning) to check your blog and find out the latest! I think we are both needing God's grace and strength to hold us up right now. I'm glad His arms are extra strong! Love you! Emery is just as beautiful as ever! Can't wait for her to meet the boys!
ReplyDelete