.

.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Emery continues growing!!! YEAH!!!

Emery didn't look too excited about being sniffed by her puppy dog, Maddie! Look at that face!
That's a better face! lol
Playtime!!!

I would say there's nothing too exciting to report this week.... expect the fact that Emery gained 9 ounces in only 6 days!!!! Yeah! I guess we can plan to expect this from now on. She continues her 1 1/2 ounce per day trend! She's is definitely getting all she needs and more! I guess I had still worried that it wasn't only the feeding that was an issue. But what if something else was going on? What if there was an absorption issue. What if she was failure to thrive. What if... what if... what if.... Tis the downfall of being a nurse! And a pediatric one at that! Oh well. With each fear only comes a renewed need to lay them at the foot of the cross and trust more deeply in the Lord to take care of her... and us. But she is perfect! She is great! She is healthy and growing and gaining weight like a champ! Another fear proven unworthy of my time. I can't wait to get her into some of these adorable clothes that are patiently waiting for her! We, literally, have clothes coming out of our ears, both new and passed down, for her first 2 years! ALL completely adorable!! I can't wait to play dress up!!! lol

I continue adjusting to this new life. Still processing through the breastfeeding thing. (I know, get over it already, right? But it is a process and I AM doing well with it) Getting used to feeding and washing bottles all day. I must say though, as I bond more and more with Em, it is getting harder to let her 'cry it out' at sleepy time. And it is harder to let her sleep when I really want to cuddle with her. :) But I feel so accomplished when she only cries for 5 min (which feels like 20) and then is off to sleepland! And when she wakes up with those big beautiful eyes, rested and happy. I am just loving being with her more and more. I thought for a moment there that it would not be hard to go back to work, as it would give me a break. But I have a feeling that in the next 2 months, it may get increasingly more difficult. But time will tell. We'll just wait and see. I do love being a mommy. I can say that with ease now. She is getting more fun every day. I look forward to the weeks, months and years ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment