Well it is soooooo great to have Sean back. I picked him up last night from the airport and thankfully I didn't have to work today so we were able to stay up late talking about his trip. This WILL be the last time he leaves me for 5 days especially to Seattle! Next time... we're all going! It was good for me though. I have come to a place in my life, over 16 years of marriage, that I am somewhat independent, love my me-time and would not have been bothered by his trip. But where I would normally look forward to 5 days on my own to be a 'grown-up', I dreaded these days for the last month. It was good for me to desire him so much. It was good for me to need him. I don't believe it is just the hormones, although they play a role, I'm sure. But I believe God used this to bring me closer to Sean in that way. Every woman needs to "need" her man and every man needs his woman to need him. And I know he missed me too. Our reunion was only that much better! I definitely don't want to carry that independent woman role into our family. We are a team... a family... and it will be so important for us to work together to make the decisions we need make as we start this new time of our life.
.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
a little help with the Dentist....
Went to the dentist today. Yes, this is my most dreaded thing I do twice a year. But I do it. Good for me. (whatever) Anyway.... it really is worse than anything I can think of. But today I had company. A little special someone that was so thoughtful to begin her Tango lessons inside my belly during my appointment. Everytime she moved I would just focus on her and she helped me get through the anxiety and, a few times, discomfort of my cleaning. (YES! it was just a cleaning! Don't judge me!) I still hate the dentist. But our little girl made it bearable today. Thanks lovebug!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment