.

.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Merry Christmas!!! (afternoon...part 2)

We had an absolutely wonderful Christmas... starting with quiet time early in the morning before anyone else woke up.  Well, Emery did not wake up until 9am!!!  We were both anxious for her to wake up so she could open her presents! (I couldn't believe it...crazy kid!)  She opened one and then just wanted to play with it. lol  So we had to keep her going.  But she got through them all and had so much fun playing!  These were mainly from us and also from her papa (my step-dad).  We had two packages come on Christmas Eve but didn't make it to the office in time to pick them up.  So Christmas was extended a few days longer. :)  The day after Christmas she got a bunch more presents!
Emery did so good tearing open her presents.  She was a little quicker and more into it this year, but I think next year will be the fun one!  She'll really get it next year!

Before the unwrapping



from her tante!!

Her first bike from her uncle Brett and auntie Mattie
laptop from mommy and daddy (she's already texting and driving!)


daddy bought her the helmet a few months ago... she loves wearing it.  Now she can!


Love this!!!  A bedtime story...

After opening presents and playing for a while, it was time to get my dinner going (well, lunch technically).  So Sean and Emery played with her new toys and I set my focus on the kitchen.  My turkey was about done roasting, my sweet potatoes went into the oven and I began boiling my potatoes and makin' my gravy.  This was my first ever attempt at homemade gravy from scratch!  And I must say, it was quite successful.  I had no recipe or anything but pretty much winged it.  I don't know how I ended up with more of a country-style gravy versus a turkey gravy, but it was delicious nevertheless.  So proud!
My gravy...
My slow-roasted turkey...
And the finished platter... fall-off-the-bone turkey, twice baked sweet potatoes with brown sugar, pecan and marshmallow streusel, mashed potatoes, gravy, and yes, Wine!   

It was time for Emery's nap just in time for my dinner to be ready!  So down she went, food went to the table and Sean and I enjoyed the most wonderful Christmas dinner together in the quiet of our new home.  It was the most relaxing, enjoyable time together over good food and wine.  It was perfect!
Then, it happened... it began snowing!  And the day was complete! (ok...almost)  Just as we were finishing up, we could see the rain begin turning a little lighter.  From rain to slush to pure snow!  The snowflakes grew to a nickel size as they floated from the heavens.  Pure bliss!  After a little while the winds picked up and the snow got heavier!  Emery had only been asleep 20 min but we HAD to go wake her up to see it!  (its funny, I had mentioned only a couple weeks ago that it made me sad that Emery wouldn't know what snow is because there are no mountains here...lol)  We bundled her up and took to the street!  She didn't know what to think.  We showed her how to catch the snowflakes.  It was so fun!

the start of the snow

Well we attempted to put her back down to sleep, but of course it was unsuccessful.  So she went all day on a 20 min nap.  But it was so worth it!  Because for the next 3 hours, it snowed and snowed and snowed.  I was so stimulated all day.  I would try to sit down and relax and enjoy the snow out the window, but then would pop back up and to the window or even out on the balcony.  I couldn't sit still!  lol  Sean finally went to take a nap a couple hours into it and so I bundled Emery and I both up and went outside to play in the snow.  It was fuh-reezing!!!!  So we didn't last more than 10 min or so.  But she LOVED it!!!  I am so glad I invested in her super duper warm puffy jacket when I did!!!  Who knew it would snow?!!!



She must have walked back and forth our front porch a hundred times! lol

it was kind blizzard-like conditions... at least for me!



Of course I had to show her the fun of a snowball fight.   Don't let her fool you to think she wasn't enjoying it.  She kept telling me "more more" everytime I threw one at her. lol

Just some more pics of the snow...
My poor plants on our balcony....


 
I pulled my car out of the garage specifically so it would get snowed on!!!  lol

Well sad to say that the snow finally stopped.  But it stuck around for a good two days. Later than evening after Emery went to bed, we went back out to the driveway to check out  how much snow we actually got.  Since we hadn't left our apt the whole day, I wanted to walk up to the street to see the snow there.  The driveway out the gate is uphill and so coming back down on snow and ice was very interesting.  But I made it without falling.  It is just so awesome to see snow where I live.  I had only seen it in the mountains.  It's so awesome!!!  I love it!  Again, we only stayed out 5 min or so because now with the darkness, it was even colder.  I got inside and looked up the temp... it was 22 degrees and 8 degrees with the wind chill!!!!  And it felt like it!!!  I was freezing to the bone (with my warmest jacket on!) and it took a little while to warm up.  But have I mentioned how much fun it was???!!!!!!!

Well we got all comfy and to close the Christmas night out, we watched Polar Express for the first time.  I went to bed feeling that it had been the most perfect day I could have hoped for.  Moving here I was afraid of that first Christmas alone, but God not only gave me peace about it, but gave me Sean, Emery, a successful Christmas dinner and SNOW!!!!  I truly couldn't have asked for more!    Hope you all had a truly Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment