.

.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Jesus... Jesus...

January 20, 2013
Yesterday was a perfect day from start to finish.  I pretty much had Rita Springer playing all day while I was home.  During one song, I felt led to pray for Sean and his last day at REI, for his day off on Sunday to be peaceful and restful and his first day of work at his new job on Monday to be great!  Emery even prayed with me.  I had decided when I woke up that I wanted to go to my supervisor's baby shower at Chili's.  It was a fun time and Emery did so well.  Everyone was surprised by how good she was.  Not me! :)  Both, on my way to the shower and also as I was leaving, I got to finally discover some really cool areas of Fort Worth.  Although it is a cool city, I hadn't seen anything yet that really impressed me.  But this area, around Montgomery Plaza (awesome!) and TCU (Texas Christian University), was really cool and I will definitely be taking Sean back there for some good eats and to take a bike ride as a family along the Trinity River (so many people out walking, running, riding... beautiful!).  She fell asleep on the way home and went straight to bed.  I had a little quiet time and then did my Insanity workout (Yikes!!!!).  I took a shower and washed my hair and then it happened.  The most perfect moments you can have in a day... me, freshly showered, Rita Springer's worship playing, the clothes dryer running, the breeze coming in the open balcony door and windows and an otherwise very quiet house.  Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.....
But the most awesome moment of the day happened after Emery woke up, after dinner, and after I got her ready for bed again... We had some time of worship together before bedtime.  We both stood together and swayed and hummed (I sang) and raised our hands with our eyes closed.  Then she went and brought me a book saying "bible, bible".  It was her toddler Bible given to her by Miss Avery, my friend Tonia's daughter.  So she sat on my lap and we read all the stories about Jesus.  As I was reading, she started saying "Jesus! Jesus!" and pointed right at his name on the page!!!  That is a first for her to point out the word she is saying!  Awesome!  Then we were back worshipping a little more.  Rita was praying and ministering at one point and was whispering the name Jesus and Emery started doing the same while swaying with her eyes closed.  The most precious moment in a mommy's life!  It was a perfect end to a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment