.

.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

5 days on my own with Emery!

You know how I said Emery plays with my hair when we cuddle before bedtime.  Well now, if I have my hair up in a ponytail or clip, she will ask me to take me hair down once she notices its not there for her.  She is so stinkin cute! lol   Also, today she cried when I took her bow off before naptime.  I asked if she wanted it back on (because it caught me by surprise) and she said yes.  lol  But right before laying her down she took it off and handed it to me and then laid back down on my shoulder.  :)  I just love her!  She is seriously the sweetest!!
Had to include this pic of her ponytail!!
At the park on Thursday!
As most of you know Sean has been gone back to Fresno for the past 4 days.  Emery and I have had pretty low key days.  I took Wednesday off and we had a super fun day!  My friend, and bible study leader, came over with her son, Griffin to play.  They are my first Texan guests!!!  :)  We had a great time of chattin and sharing life over lattes and children's laughter. lol  Actually, Griffin made himself at home quickly (which I loved!) and Emery just watched almost the whole time.  ha!  She loves to just watch other kids her age.  She finally warmed up about an hour and a half into our time with them.  Silly girl!  They went home and the kids napped.  Then we met them at Town Square to do some shopping at Lola's (my new "Ooh La La"!!  Yeah!)  We went to costco then headed home!




 In the dressing room.  But don't let her fool you.  This only lasted for a few seconds and then 
she ran out with my phone, wearing my flip flops, while I was half dressed!
Just me being goofy!
Town Square... LOVE this place!
At Town Square with my friend Stephanie... and 
Emery was having fun carrying my shopping bag!

Thursday night we went to my friend, Tyranie's house.  She watched Emery all day on Friday so Emery and I had a sleepover at her house since I have to leave for work at 6am. :) We had dinner and played Nertz, my favorite card game!  I got my bootie kicked once again!  We slept in Elizabeth's room, my friend's 13 yo daughter.  Friday went off without a hitch!  Tyranie said Emery is just part of the family.  They have 5 kids.  The 2 oldest, Josh and Elizabeth, are in school and the 3 youngest are at home... 2 being homeschooled, Zach and Hannah, and the youngest, Megan, is 3 yo.  I guess she had a great time playing all day!  :)  After work I hung out there for a little bit with Steve and Tyranie and then headed home.

Saturday, I had this thought that today is going to be all about Emery (well, ok, mostly).  So I tried to stay off the computer, no TV (for either of us), and I took more time to hang out with her.  (I always thought this would be so easy to do, but it is really hard for me as there are so many things to do at home. It's something I'm really trying to work on.) I took her to see Santa at World Cafe who turned out to be not the kind of santa I wanted a pic with. lol  Then we went to Arcadia Park and then home for lunch and nap.  While she napped, I ended up having a time of worship with the Lord.  It was wonderful!  This is what He spoke to me during that time....

Sean and I need more of a kingdom mindset.  All of this... money, our jobs, what we have or want... doesn't matter because YOU provide all we need.  Our parenting, friendships and how well we think we're doing in those doesn't matter because having a kingdom mindset will overflow and saturate into those.  We need more of You, but more importantly, 
You desire more of us!  
(every song that came on seemed to minister specifically to me... here is one...) 
 I know you are for me.  I know you will not forsake me even in my weakness.  I know you have come now, even to write upon my heart to remind me of who You are.  You are... patient... gracious... merciful... true... wonderful in all you do... 
constant... faithful... loving... powerful in all you do.

I prayed (as I have been for last few days) that God would minister this Word to Sean as well as he drives the long road back home to Texas.  I prayed that God would speak this Word specifically to him.  I texted some of this to him and he responded by saying that he had been thinking praying for the same thing!!!  Awesome!  We talked today and shared with each other.  It was so cool to see how when God speaks to us He speaks to both of us!  That way we are on the same page.  God DOES have a plan for us here.  Some things have been very hard and I have even had times of doubt that God will come through.  But He always gives me peace and reminds me to think of Who He is!  He is good!

Well we headed out to church around 4:30 for the 5:45 service for their big Christmas Musical.  Being that it was the second service, and the first hadn't let out yet, the parking was insane!!  I literally ended up parking on the grass next to the sidewalk.  Everyone else was doing it.  People were just parking wherever they could get there cars to go.  One truck was up on this STEEP bank.  Looked like it would roll over at any moment! lol  The musical was fabulous!  Gateway does things big!  lol  It was based on It's a Wonderful Life and the story of Job.  It was awesome!  It had a powerful message and many came forward to give their hearts to the Lord afterward!  Praise God!  After church, we went to Luke and Kathy's, had dinner with the girls and watched the most recent rendition of Sense and Sensibility.  Emery went to bed at 8 but we didn't leave until midnight!  :)  Yep... the girls are partying while the boys are away! Ha!!
Saturday night at the Christmas musical!
Just a little snippet of the musical (sorry it's choppy)

Today we got to sleep in once again and having a relaxing day.  We took a walk today around the complex with Emery in our hiking carrier.  She went to it and wanted to get in it.  Sean will walk her around the apt so I thought we get outside.  But man!  It was more tiring than I thought.  By the time we walked back up the hill to our apt, my hips (and bum) were practically on the verge of cramping!  lol  But it was fun!  She did her usually waving and saying hi to all who passed by!  She is so social!

Sunday afternoon ... look what the wind blew in!
And this one was taken before daddy left on his trip


1 comment:

  1. Yay! Love all the videos and seeing Em's sweet personality! It was great to catch up with you this afternoon. I miss you and love you so much!! Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete