.

.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

More fun stuff!

 Emery has been eating like a champ lately!  Last week, after church, we went to Panera.  I broke egg, bacon and bread off my bacon, egg and ciabatta sandwich.  But did she eat it?  noooooo....  she simply took my entire sandwich from me and began enjoying it for herself.  She didn't want those baby bites!  She wants the real thing!  Sean kept telling her to give it back to me, but I was like "if she's gonna eat, then let her have it! Yeah!".  And eat it she did!  I would say she ate about 2/3 of it!!!  You go girl!!

A couple new words are truck and, this morning, eat (as she signs it as well).  I have got to write these down because I know there are more but I forget.  It seems she picks up new ones every couple days.  It's so fun!  Yesterday, she was playing with Sean.  I was watching them, but she would stop and say "Ma!" and look to see that I was watching and then repeat what she was doing.  It was so cute.  I love that she is looking for me and waiting for me to respond to her "Ma!" now.  She does this constantly now!  She is becoming a little girl!  (oh, and poop.... I think she said poop this morning as I changed her diaper... lol!!)

She continues to grow taller.  3/4" since we moved here.  And she is finally into a size 3 shoe.  I even bought her a black dress shoes in a size 4 the other day simply because they actually fit her!  lol  I couldn't pass it up.  

Last week was pretty low key.  But one day, I took Emery to Liberty Park (closest one to our house).  She played with other kids, climbed up the chair/bar 'thingy' into the play gym (by her own strength, but with mom standing right behind her).  She is one petite, but strong, little girl. She loves to climb!  Up on every chair, on our bed, up the side of stairs, over the side of the recliner, up us!!  She is a little monkey just like her mommy was!  I would climb or swing on anything I could get my hands on!  My mom knew that all too well.  She would laugh regarding Emery if she was here.








I feel so incredibly blessed by the church God led us to.  We visited Gateway last year with our friends when we visited.  When we went after we moved here, we knew it was a fit.  It is awesome to be in a church that is so strong in the teaching of the Word, yet also moves in the gifts of the Spirit.  There is a great balance here.  This picture only shows a very small part of the auditorium.  But to my left was a sea of hands raised, praising and worshipping our Saviour!  It was amazing to see and be a part of.... worshipping together with the body of Christ.  It was such a tourist move, but I had to capture that moment.  It meant so much to me!  God continues connecting us with people, groups, ministries.  It has been so great!

This past Sunday, we had planned to go to the Zoo, so I had gone to church Saturday night.  But while Sean was at work on Saturday, he pulled his back.  So walking for hours was not going to happen for him.  So instead, we slept in a little and then went out to breakfast.  By far, it was the first, and honestly only, horrific food experience we've had so far in Texas.  It was a small "home cooking" kind of a place.  Sean had a feeling, but I insisted we try it out.  We didn't judge the inside or outside, cuz sometimes the hole-in-the-walls have the best food.  But.... not this time.  I will say my breakfast burrito was pretty good.  But poor Sean, the breakfast king.... his plate came out with light yellow eggs (we're guessing from a carton), 2 round sausage patties that looked like they came frozen in a bag and cubed potatoes with no flavor.  It was a very sad sight.  We ate, paid and left quickly.  So we made up for it by going to Starbucks!  Then Sean took me to "their" park.  It was beautiful with, once again, trails winding all through the park.  As we walked, I started noticing the ground of moving as far as you could see.  There were small yellow butterflies hovering above the flowers in the grass!  It was awesome!  I caught one for Em, but she was a little afraid of it, signing "all done".  But then she kept wanting me to catch more. lol




This is one of my favorite places to run now... Arcadia Park (pics below).  I mentioned it in my last post I think.  Its so beautiful!  I got to go out by myself (no stroller to push!) Sunday afternoon!  It was a beautiful day!  I found new routes to take and also found the neighborhood that I want to live in!!!  (we checked out some houses for sale and they are in our price range!)  They are up on a hill and the backyards back up to the trail and have an open view of the park valley below. 




Well that's about all of my boring life for now. hehe  I'll keep the pics coming!  Miss ya'all!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the video of Emery trying to jump and then spinning in her pretty grey skirt! I just wanted to reach out a give her a big hug! She is becoming such a "big girl" now. I love and miss you tons! Thanks for posting pics and writing about your life there...it's fun to see what life is like for you there. Talk to you soon! Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete