.

.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

An Afternoon in the City!

Things have been low key lately.  It's funny... one week off facebook and I blogged 3 times. Now I'm back on facebook (only less), and I have not found time to blog.  Then again I've been busy.  But only in the last 4-5 days.  Before that, it was pretty boring.  I will start with today, because that is what is on my mind most.  Well we are officially down to one car for a while.  Which should prove to be interesting in such a large area and we are both commuting.  But hopefully it will be very temporary.  Well tonight is the Fall Festival at our church and I was NOT about to miss it!  So I decided to take Sean to work (in Dallas).  Upon waking this morning I also decided to make a trip out of it for me and Emery!  So after we dropped him off, we headed to Sur la Table.  Mainly only as a destination because I figured it has to be in a cool area, right?  So we ended up in a district they call Knox/Henderson.  It was pretty cool.  A pretty humble area but definitely with some upscale restaurants and shops.  It was casual, but there was definitely a vibe.  We ended up at a hotdog place for lunch and then shopped at this kids store called Froggies (and Tadpoles).  Once Emery found the book aisle, she was content (we are realizing she LOVES books!!!!)  So she was in book heaven!  I sat with her on the floor for awhile looking at all the books.  Fun times!  We were downtown about 2 hours (ish?) and then headed home.  She slept all the way and is still sleeping.  Now it's time to get her up for the Fall Festival tonight!!!  I can hardly wait!!!  Games, candy, petting zoo, bounce house, train and pony rides.... they go all out I've heard!  

This was Emery this morning watching her Bubble Guppies!  It was a first for me!

Downtown Dallas


She is not a baby anymore!
Book heaven!!!
Lunchtime!

Here's some pics from last week's events!

Just takin a walk at home!

Last Thursday night I met some girls from my bible study for PINK night.  PINK is our Women's ministry.  They have PINK night every couple months I think.  This time, we had an awesome time of worship, our pastor's wife spoke and then they introduced a handful of local, powerful ministries by handing them money gifts given by the women of the church.  It was amazing!  Afterward we went for frozen yogurt (which is where this pic of Emery (above) comes in :))

Last Saturday, one of the girls from bible study had a birthday party for her 3 year old at Parr Park.  We all came out for one very fun, but freezing, morning to celebrate Miss Aspen's birthday!  We're talkin clear blue skies, sunshine and a chilling 48 degrees!  Brrrr!  But I don't think the kids (most around Emery's age) even noticed!  I had such a good time hanging out with the girls outside of bible study!


Emery's first chocolate milk!


Afterward Emery and I had lunch at Taco Casa and then headed to Kathy's house for Emery's nap.  I spent some time alone with the Lord in their backyard and then at 5pm we celebrated Brianna's 18th birthday!  It was a day of birthdays!!

And these two picks were one cold morning of green power smoothies, cartoons and blankies!!!

Here's a couple recipes....

blend 1/2 avocado, large handful of spinach, 2 T unsweetened cocoa and honey to taste.  Makes a pudding consistency.  Add milk or soy milk to thin for smoothie.  Emery LOVED this!!!  Drank all 16 ounces!!!  Super healthy!!!

blend 1/2 avocado, large handful spinach, a pear, frozen pineapple, milk or soy milk and honey to taste (or agave nectar... low glycemic index).  So yum!  May add ice to blend also.

BON APPETIT!!!


1 comment:

  1. Seeing Emery in the pink hat with the feathers reminded me of when you bought that at Big Hat Day in downtown Clovis. Oh, the memories!! I miss you more than you know!!! Give that precious girl a big hug from me.

    ReplyDelete