This past Sunday, Sean flew out to Texas to find us an apartment. Since we only have the moving truck for one week, we have to find an apartment before we get there so Sean has somewhere to take and unload our stuff. So off he went! Although we didn't count on this trip, I did have enough miles to fly him out there, so Praise God! (... but I had to sacrifice my trip back to Fresno in September to do the Tough Mudder... :(....but that's okay) So for the last week and a half we've been doing research online lining up apartments for him to see. We even found an apartment 'realtor' who also helped us. There was one complex that Sean found himself constantly going back to. He finally even said he had a feeling that was the 'one'. It was called The Bluffs at Iron Horse in North Richland Hills. On Saturday I sat down to make phone calls to find out availability so we could weed some out so his time is used more wisely. I only got through to one and left a bunch of messages at the others. Well on Sunday, the ONLY complex that called me back was The Bluffs. I told the guy that we were preferably looking for a 3 bedroom and we needed to move in August 1st. He said "oh, well you're in luck, we just had some tenants move out of a 3 br suddenly and we need to get it rented asap". I asked how much it was and he said normally it is $1355 but they were lowering it to $1255. I said "Forever?!!" And he said "um, yes, lol.... forever". LOL!!! I literally laughed in the phone because I knew this was all God's doing! I had told Sean we can't go over $1250, but I think $5 is okay. :) Sean had started out looking in Euless, straight off the plane, and had looked at two so far which he said were beautiful. But now I texted him and told him he HAS to go to The Bluffs next!! He did and he said it blew the others out of the water!! They didn't have time to do the paperwork that night, so Sean had to go back the next morning. He got there 30 min before they opened on Monday, with money order in hand, to make sure he was the first one. By the end of the day, we were approved! So it is their biggest apartment, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, jetted tub with seperate shower in the master, a huge storage space, and a large attached garage! And we have room for my baby grand piano!!! They are a luxury complex with many amenities. 2 pools, 4 hot tubs, basketball court (for Sean), sand volleyball (can't you see us now?!), stadium seating movie room you can reserve and on and on!1 It's funny, I'm so excited to live in an apartment again! Not sure how long that will last. We know there is always a down side to living in an apartment, but its a fun change and WE HAVE A POOL!!!!! Yippeeeee!!!!! But here's the kicker! They waived the $300 deposit because I work in the medical field AND we got $200 off our first months rent! Praise God! I've been aware of the fact that we will be very low on money during the transition period. We will both be jobless for a couple of weeks and then the delay for your first paycheck once you start work. But every time I have thought about it, I immediately have had peace and have known that I don't need to worry because God will, and is, carrying us and providing. So it is things like this that make me realize that He is doing just that. It's awesome! Crazy! Now Sean has 3 days to look for a car for himself since we couldn't afford to ship his back there. We had decided it just made more sense to sell it here because we had a quick buyer already. So I'm praying that God will lead him to the right car for the right price while he's there!
The view from our front door/porch
Our garage is the one on the far right
Our front door on the far right
For more pics of the complex click here!
http://www.apartments.com/Texas/North-Richland-Hills/The-Bluffs-at-Ironhorse/43830
For more pics of the complex click here!
http://www.apartments.com/Texas/North-Richland-Hills/The-Bluffs-at-Ironhorse/43830



Beautiful place!!! So happy for you. I love seeing God's hand in all of this. Did you say there was a link to see the rest of the apartment complex? Love, Lisa
ReplyDeleteokay... now there is... it must have gotten erased! lol
ReplyDelete