.

.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Seattle Vacation Part 3 :)

It's Saturday now.... so I have some catching up to do!  So Tuesday night I left Emery in the arms of her Auntie and drove 45 min into Seattle to meet up with Sean, Chris and Alissa.  We had a great time!  I instantly loved her!  We had talked a little on FB so I felt I already knew her.  We went to Paddy Coyne's, an Irish Pub on the waterfront.  It was a beautiful night to have dinner on the patio, eat some beef stew (or the most amazing fish n' chips) and enjoy a beer (yes, I had a beer... lol).  Afterward we walked along the water to a park and hung out a little while then drove to BlueBird Microcreamery for some of the best homemade ice cream!  Soooooo good!  We had a wonderful evening!  I am truly so excited for Chris and Alissa.... for the plans that God has for them!  Alissa made a comment at one point about how could I know I liked her before I met her.  I said that was easy because I just knew she was the one when Chris met her because I knew God would bless Chris with an amazing woman after committing himself to the Lord and be obedient to what God was calling him to do.  As I saw Chris' life changing, I knew God's blessing would be all over him!  (just to note.... God does not require us to obey and change before He blesses us.  But you can be sure that blessing will always follow when we do!  Just wanted to make that clear :))
the soon-to-be Chris and Alissa Rickert ;)
And the long-been Sean and Amy Noble!  (still proud of that)

Wednesday was pretty low key.  It had to be because I was exhausted for some reason.  I woke up and decided I had no energy to make it back to bootcamp. :(  Instead I laid back down in bed after Emery fell asleep for her a.m. nap.  One hour later, she woke up but my body could not.  She whined for probably ten min until her cousin Mitchell came and rescued her (and me!) from the room.  I slept for another 2 1/2 hours!!!!!!  I guess I needed it!  Didn't do much the rest of the day.  But that evening I jumped in the car with Leigh, Annie and Mitchell (who was driving! yikes! these kids grow up too fast!) and we drove back into Seattle again, picked up Sean and headed to the Sounders game, Seattle's Pro Soccer team.  We had a great time!  That is.... after we finally made it to our seats.  It was a long walk to the stadium, then up 10 ramps just to get to the bottom of our section and then 128 steps to the top of the nose bleed seats!  We were 2nd row from the top!  Yikes!  It was quite a workout!  And we were looney enough to journey the steps again for food!  I definitely got my workout!  But we had a great time with out nieces and nephew.  Mitchell and Sean picked up Gary and drove home with him.  And us girls headed for Capitol Hill to Molly Moons Ice Cream (another GREAT ice cream place!).  We had a fun time together.  Just the girls partying in the city!  (well.... not quite... but our own kind of party).

 A blurry picture of us before the Sounders game

Nothing much to write for Thursday. lol  But we did have more of a family bbq together that night.  It was the first day my brother and I finally sat long enough to chat a bit.  :)


Yesterday, Mary and I did another 4 1/2 hilly miles while Emery took her a.m. nap.  Then after lunch we took Mitchell and Sean to the Le May Car exhibit.  Looked really cool.  We left them there for a couple hours.  Mary, Annie and I drove around for a bit, finally found some pulled pork sandwiches on the side of the rode at this small meat market in Tacoma (so yum!) and then Annie and I got manicures while Mary took Emery shopping.  It was good girl time!  It was a quiet afternoon back at the house and then we had a double date night!!! I left Emery home with the kids, who by the way are amazing!  Let me just take a minute to say how fun it has been for them to be able to hang out with, and get to know, Emery.  They are so natural and initiating with them.  I would even say the boys initiated more with her than the girls.  It was hilarious!  Mitchell and Emery just love each other!!!  He has really taken to her.  He really takes charge.  And Leigh is such a natural, being that she worked in a daycare since she was 14 and is a nanny to a few families.  She's a professional!  Daniel had no problem taking her straight out of my arms and into the other room to play.  And Annie played with her more as the week went on.  So I had no qualms about leaving my little Love with them.  We headed out with Gary and Mary to their country club for dinner.  It was a nice evening of good food, good wine and the dreaded (by Gary) deep conversation.  lol  But I know he liked it.... deep down he did.... :)

Emery and Leigh bonding! So sweet!
Mitchell taking a break by the fire with Emery.  She especially took to him and he to her!

I've been up since 6am this morning thanks to Emery who would not go back to sleep! ugh.  We haven't slept in once this vacation!  That's the bad thing about having her in the same room.  But how irresistible is she when literally wakes us up, looking over the top of the pack n' play at the foot of our bed saying "hi. hi. hi."   Who wouldn't love that?!!!!  Every morning we pull her into bed with us for about 30 min before heading downstairs.  She is the sweetest!!!!

No plans as of yet today.  Its a chill morning so far.  Getting anxious though to get home. I have a quickly growing list of things to do when I get home.  Its going to be a whirlwind!!!!  I guess I just need to soak up the relaxation these next 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment