We were off to Seattle at 7:45 friday morning. Flying with Emery was quite different from last year when she was only 3 months old. So we were a little nervous. But Sean downloaded some Bubble Guppies on his phone, I had games on mine, books, food and drink!!! We hoped that was enough for 2 hours. lol As it turned out, it was. She did great!! Although with Sean and I being so different.... He is a little more stressed and I'm a little more chill. But I guess we balance each other out. So I think it went well.
Emery in the Fresno airport awaiting takeoff!
Emery loved her Bubble Guppies! And so did we!!! :)
Well we are on day 3 of our vacation as I write this! It's been so wonderful to be back with my brother and family. I only get to see them every few years. The last was when we came for my oldest niece's HS grad. This time its Daniel. And then two more after that! Whew! And the weather has been fantastic!! I hear its 108 in Fresno today! ICK! So glad I'm not there for that! But I'll have worse to look forward to in TX I suppose. lol
Well we rolled in Friday morning. We went home and got straight to working on the grad party for Daniel that night! I was made the baking queen! I made red velvet bars, lemon bars, chocolate dipped strawberries and cookies (ready-made dough though... lol). I took pictures but don't have them now. Wish I did because the dessert table turned out beautiful!! Mary's close friend Anne came over to help too and the three of us had a fun time hanging out, baking, cooking, and decorating for the party! They had 100 people come through that night! It was a huge success! Great fun! Mary is such the hostess with the mostess! lol And of course everyone loved Emery as she jammed around like she owned the place. She was a constant ice breaker. :)
Yesterday Mary and I started the day out with a 6 mile walk/run. Ok, so we mostly walked the 5 mile route but threw in a mile run around the track to make it 6. However this walk through the mountainy terrain was a great workout as if I ran 3 miles. On one hill I even sprinted to the top and bear crawled back down it!! (yep, my arms are sore today!) But best part was just the priceless time spent with my sister-in-law. We got a late start, so it was back home to Gary making breakfast burritos. We got showered and ready and hit the grocery store then home for a quick dinner and off to graduation. I was dressed for beautiful weather only to get out of the car into rain. And it was a long walk to the fair grounds. ugh! But luckily we were under cover but he poor grads were not. It was a light rain the entire time! We ended the time watching Safehouse and then hit the sack.
I promised myself I would enjoy my coffee on their front porch in this beautiful weather!
Unfortunately this first morning was the only time I did it. lol But it was most enjoyable! What a view!
Yummy pear Martinis by my sis before heading out to Daniel's graduation... still can't believe I'm drinking with my niece! They grow up so fast!
My new niece (there's actually two of them! adorable!)
Today we went into Seattle (we're actually in Edgewood) to the City Church. It was a great church. But a long 45 min drive with 8 kids and adults and one baby crammed into the Armada! I wonder if people were thinking "how many are coming out of that car?" as we piled out at church! lol It was extremely uncomfortable! But what a great way to get to know each other better!! hahahaha I was hoping to have a relaxed lunch in downtown and then hit Top Pot donuts on the way out (that was Sean's one request for father's day). But instead we only picked up the donuts and headed home. Another long, cramped ride! We were all so glad to be home! Gary immediately left for a run and the rest of the fam headed out to another grad party. The kids are back now, Emery is sleeping and its just a nice quiet day at home. Aaaaaahhhhhh...... I love the energy of my family! They are ALL like the energizer bunny! Its good for me! :)
Emery playin it cool at Top Pot donuts after church!
That's about it so far. Sean is heading into downtown Seattle tomorrow for the next 3 days while I spend time with the girls. I'll post again in a few days!
I'm so glad you are enjoying your time with your family. I'm sooo jealous of that cool, rainy Seattle weather!! I'd trade that any day for our hot Fresno weather! :) Love and miss you!
ReplyDelete