.

.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Blow Kisses! and other favorites....

Blowing kisses... It's her newest thing!  
She'll blow many at once
 if you're lucky!  

Waving hello and goodbye
 is becoming another norm for her.... 
The cutest thing is she waves goodnight to daddy 
as we head up stairs.  
So now, as we head up to bed, she even waves 
when no one else is around to wave back.  It's adorable! 

 We're trying to teach her some signs 
but the only one she's got down is
 "all done" 
when she's done eating her food. 
 I try to respect this 
unless its only after a few bites. lol  

She LOVES kissing her boys, 
Evan and Ryan.  
Although Evan better sit up and take notice
 that Ryan is getting the majority of her attention these days. 
 Lil' Evan is being a little too shy, 
sitting by and watching. 
But he needs to make his move!  

Luckily its not just the boys she loves to kiss.  
She's loves kissing mommy and daddy too!  
Somedays we're lucky and
 she's all kisses.  
Other days you can't get one out of her!  

Some new things we're working on 
are finger foods, 
sippy cup (with water) 
and holding her bottle.  
Recently I all of the sudden thought
 "you are almost one year old and you don't hold your own bottle".  
So we've been working with her.  
Now I hold it in front of her until she grabs it 
and puts it in her mouth.  
This did not go over well 
with our lil' Miss the first couple days.  
She would sit there with her arms to her side, 
and start to grunt, 
then whine,
 then to an all out cry! 
 I was like "really?".  
After a little encouragement and help,
 she would hold it. 
 Now she is getting better 
and actually reaching for it herself 
and putting it in her mouth. 
 I'm such a proud mommy!  
:)  
So luckily this is carrying over to the sippy cup 
which she is still getting used to. 

 And she loves her finger foods!....
 turkey, avocado, 
pasta (she ate a full meal straight off my plate the other night 
of lasagna and garlic bread!), 
toasted bread with cream cheese (yes, trying to fatten her up), 
hummus... just to name a few!  

Her newest thing is dancing!  
She'll start be-bopping 
where she sits when a good tune comes on.  
And according to Sean, 
the rockier, the better!  

Her favorite cartoon?  
Bubble Guppies!!!!  
It's awesome!.... 
I will start to sing the song
 and her little face lights up, 
she smiles real big 
and then turns to the TV and stares, 
waiting for it to turn on.  

And there's no stranger danger
where Emery is concerned!
She's a little social bug!
Although I've noticed...
she's so used to playing alone at home
that she can be 
pretty independent during playdates.
Especially with all of Evan and Ryan's
awesome toys! 
(they've got great toys!)
But now that the holidays are done,
our weekly playdates will resume!

That's all for now....
It's eleven o'clock...
do you know where your children are?
 I DO!!!!!
I've always wanted to say that! :)


1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE how Emery blows kisses now...it is just so sweet! Yes, Ryan is her favorite lately. I'll tell Evan he better start turning on the charm again!! Yes, we will do lots more playdates again now that the holidays have passed! Can you believe our kiddos are almost a year old!? How did that happen so fast???

    ReplyDelete