.

.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

My first Christmas!!!


Well Christmas was great!  What a blessed day it was.  Although I can't say all the hooplah was there that I had always expected.  But no doubt, I was not disappointed with our first family Christmas.  In fact, thanks to my beloved husband, it couldn't have started out any better.  He woke me up with a hot cup of Peet's coffee, sweetened just the way I like it.  When I came downstairs he already had the fire going and all the Christmas lights on.  It really brought me back to my own childhood memories of Christmas.  Which I must say only added to this day with my own daughter.  We had a few precious moments alone, sipping our coffee in front of the warm fire, before Miss Emery awoke.
And then there were three.....
Miss Em woke up, we fed her and then it was present time!!!  She did pretty well with ripping the paper.  But was honestly bored after the third present.  I bought her clothes and wrapped them in 5 or 6 boxes.  But lesson learned, that will go over better next year! lol  We also bought her a little toy and a big toy.  She loved them both!  Even Maddie got to open her two presents right along with Emery.  It was a family first! :)  Then Sean made breakfast... we ate... and then we all passed out!  Emery for 3 hours and Sean and I for 2 hours.  hehe   It was great!  The afternoon was spent making foods for dinner with the McCarley family (my side).... artichoke dip, sweet potato balls (a yearly demand), and a scrumptious apple crisp that even my cuisine-loving brother complimented (that was all I needed from him for Christmas!... yes even at 38 years old, I still crave my brother's approval).  The evening was spent with my brother and his family (my 3 nephews and niece) and my sister-in-loves parents.  It was a great time spent with family.  
I had so much to be thankful for this Christmas season.  The gift of God's Son and his love for us, all the more evident as I looked into my daughters beautiful blue eyes.  I could have received no greater gift that day. 
 Emery's first tree ornament!
 Just woke up!
 Opening presents with Maddie!


 Presents by the fire :)
 ahhhh.... a few moments alone while the family naps....

Opening her gift with Auntie Nae Nae 

 following in my mommy's footsteps... 

I am now on my 7th day of vacation and have enjoyed it much!  I work this weekend and off all next week as well.  Its been wonderful spending so much time at home.  Yesterday a couple friends came over including, of course, Emery's twin beau-friends!  We had a great time hanging out, sharing baby stories, encouraging and praying together.  I love my friends!  I am so blessed! 

 playdate with the Taylor boys! (looks like Toys R' Us!)
jumping into the middle of them!  you can see who rules here! lol ;)

Last night I had a magnificent idea... to take advantage of Sean being home today and me going out on a ME-date!  So I did!  This morning I left, book in hand, and headed to Starbucks (dang! I just thought of how I should've gone to Piazza del Pane for Peet's!  It definitely would have been more quiet. Next time!).  I'm in the middle of this intense book and looked forward to enjoying one of my favorite pre-baby past times..... sipping a soy latte while reading a great book at the coffee shop!  Except for the crowded shop and all the talking going on around me, it was a great, relaxing time.  (thanks babe!)
Well, I guess that's all for now.... here's a list of what Emery is doing in a nutshell (sorry... I started out the post with this and got side tracked! lol)
* clapping her hands (also when you say "yeah!") * banging toys together 
* pulling up and standing by herself when I'm not looking * standing without 
support for a few seconds * finger foods ... chicken, avocado, pasta, potatoes, 
turkey, crackers, LOVES cheese * lots of new sounds (seems to be new ones 
everyday) * kisses * waving hello and goodbye (she'll wave goodbye as we go 
up the stairs even when no one is in the room) * really interacts with her train
 toy (more than even a month ago) * signs "all done" when finished eating (first sign!) 
* crawls everywhere! * doesn't care that the tile is freezing, but crawls on it anyway 
* loves playing with other babies * likes to share * 

1 comment:

  1. I was so blessed by our playdate and so appreciated your prayers! Yes, Emery is on the go and is letting Evan and Ryan know who's in charge! We'll see what happens when they are on the go too! :) Merry First Christmas to Miss Emery! We love you!! Love, the Taylor fam

    ReplyDelete