This past Sunday we had the honor of dedicating our precious, beautiful, miracle baby, Emery Rose, back to the Lord. It was an amazing day. I was so nervous that morning, as if I was going to be performing on stage. I mean, gosh, People's church is a BIG church! I would have never dreamed we would be dedicating Emery there. But in May, we started attending and really enjoy it. We feel that we are where we are supposed to be! But that didn't come quickly.
We were actually scheduled to dedicate Emery in October. But when the time came, Sean voiced that he didn't feel comfortable doing it at Peoples by a pastor we don't know, in front of people we don't know. You see, we were at Valley Christian Center for over 20 years, and we want to dedicate her there, where everyone knows us and loves us, and has walked through this journey of infertility, and then miracle healing, with us. But that scenario isn't there anymore. It made it difficult to feel excited about dedicating Emery there, where we know no one, and they don't know us and Emery's story. But God likes to take care of all those details. So a month ago, or so, Pastor Dale, People's head pastor, looked our way before service one morning and said hello. I boldly waved for him to come talk to us. When he came to us, I stood up and bluntly told him that we wanted to dedicate Emery and shared how we were feeling. Interesting thing is, that Sean had been helping him at REI and seeing him at Starbucks the week before. So he offered to meet with us at Starbucks as we got closer to the day of her dedication. Last week we met with him and had a wonderful time getting to know him, and he, us, and sharing Emery's story. Sean continued to see him over the past month, which I really feel was God's way of taking care of Sean's heart (as he was more concerned with having a connection with the pastor that would dedicate his daughter). God took care of all of it! Dale did a fantastic job! And I can only pray that our story touched someone who is in need of a miracle. (which I was introduced to a girl after church who is going through infertility. We are going to connect after the holidays! Thank you Lord!)
The entire morning was awesome!!! We had over 30 family and friends come for the dedication. We got there early and saved 3 rows and filled them up!! It was wonderful having them all around us as we worshipped, heard the Word, and of course, dedicated our daughter. As soon as he began sharing, I had to fight back the tears with everything in me. But as soon as he began praying, I lost it!!! I was sobbing. The reality of this day was and is overwhelming to me. We have waited so long. 11 years.... but really 17!! It really felt like the peak of this journey for me. The final "see, Amy, I did it for you! - God" moment! lol Like the entire last 12 years was summed up in a few minutes and then a prayer. And even though I only knew a handful of those 1000-some people that day at church, I felt at home. God is an awesome God! He takes care of the big things in our lives.... but I think He LOVES taking care of the details that wow us!
For those who don't know what dedication is.... it is not a decision or proclamation of salvation over Emery. Although, we believe as Christians, that young children, until they are old enough to know and understand the gospel and make a meaningful decision for themselves, would go to heaven if they passed as such an early age. However, dedication does not mean salvation. It is simply, mom and dad, dedicating their child back to the Lord. We believe He has blessed us with the honor of raising up this gift He has given us. But we know that she belongs to Him. So we, as parents, commit ourselves to raise her up in the ways of the Lord, teaching her of God's loving sacrifice in Jesus Christ, His Son. She still will need to make that decision for herself as she gets older. But it is our responsibility to teach her and instill in her God's purpose and plan for her life (which only He knows).
"the dress"!! (after the 2 owned ones didn't fit, I bought 3 more, to finally settle on this one! Loved it!)
Here with our godsons and their parents, Brent and Lisa, before service
Pastor Dale praying over us and Emery after sharing our story
The following pictures, I took off the video from People's website... Love going to a high tech church!! lol
The Noble Fam!
After church, a dozen of us, or so, went to Panera for lunch. Luckily it was another beautiful California day and we were able to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine. It was a nice time of fellowship.
Emery with her beau-friends, Evan and Ryan, at Panera
She crashed out!!!!! I didn't even change her diaper or her clothes. Poor thing was exhausted!
You can always watch the video at Peopleschurch.org. Click on "messages", then video archive and find "The Gospel According to Christmas (PC2)" 12/11/11 ... not Encounter (that's 3rd service... we won't be there :) Fast forward to about 37:30. Enjoy!










Oh, I just LOVED Emery's dedication! It brought tears to my eyes as he shared your story of your sweet miracle! I love how God continues to use your journey to minister to others. Thanks for allowing us to walk alongside you and celebrate God's faithfulness with you!
ReplyDeleteAwwwww, I want another Emery cuddle so badly!! So glad you had a wonderful day :)
ReplyDeletewe missed you Eleanor!!!!
ReplyDelete