City to the Sea Half Marathon 2011
Well I did it!!! I finished a half marathon in under 3 hours only 8 months after giving birth! Some said I probably wouldn't do it. They were trying to be nice, and I suppose, "realistic", in helping me have grace for myself in the first year of being a mom. But, though I respect their efforts, I didn't take their advice. I was back at bootcamp after my 6 week checkup and starting running a few months later to get ready for the Half. We weren't the fastest. But that wasn't my goal. My initial goal was to run at least half of it. Well we ran way more than half of the Half. lol In fact, I kept setting personal goals as I was running at the start of the race and I made it 5 miles without stopping! An all time first for me!
You see last year I signed up for the Nike Women's Half marathon in S.F. but ended up 6 months pregnant. I was so sad as I watched my friends and all those runners take off at the startline (ok, I sobbed). So this was a makeup for me and my good friend Kristin. And we did it!! I trained each time with Emery in the stroller. Man, its so much easier without her! lol
The best part was seeing Sean within a mile of the finish line! He walked a bit with us and then we took off again. I almost took Emery with me across the finish line. :) It meant sooooo much to me that my husband and our daughter were there to celebrate this achievement with me. I can't even express it in words. But it meant the world to me!
There's John, Kristin and me (don't know the girl in front) lol
That's us!!!
Crossing the finish line!!!
Best siting of my day!!! :)
Traci, Kristin and I at the finish line
Amy ran the 5K but waited for me at the finish and cheered me on!
My blue-eyed baby!!!
Me and my training partner for the last month
And this is Claire..... we first stayed at her hotel (referred to us by Brent and Lisa) last summer when we went to SLO for my birthday. I was pregnant then and she was just so excited for us (Lisa told her our story). In the past year we have stayed with her a few times. She is so amazing. I think she is from Lebanon and she is truly a doll. The most precious woman! People keep coming back to the Peachtree Inn for Claire alone.
Claire (our hotel's manager) had her turn loving on Emery also!
Emery was trying to help Claire on the phone!





Hooray!!! I am so proud of you, Amy! You have worked so hard for this! I love that Emery and Sean got to cheer you on. So fun to see the cute pics of Claire and Emery...maybe Emery will have a job answering phones there when she grows up. Thanks again to you and Emery for keeping us company today at Ryan's surgery...it meant so much to us!! Love you! Keep blogging. :)
ReplyDelete