.

.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Old friends.... New joy!

Had a beautiful time yesterday with a friend that goes way back!  Dixie Brewer became a kind of spiritual mom to me many years ago, early in my marriage.  I was part of her women's bible study group on marriage and later worked with her at the church.  But over the years, grew in relationship with her.  Well she and her husband moved to Coeur d'Alene about 4 years ago.  I haven't seen her since then.  But she has been on my mind for the past year in that I just HAD to tell her about our Miracle, Emery.  I've recently become friends with her daughter-in-law, Ally, who told me they were coming to visit.  So yesterday, I drove to Caruthers and spent half the day with these two beautiful women.  It was a wonderful time of catching up, sharing the good stuff and the bad, and praising God together for the tremendous things God is doing in our lives.  I could sense the pride and love she has for me and for Emery.  I only wish she was still living her to be a part of our lives.  But I love her so much and feel so blessed to have had the time with her yesterday.  So thank you, Ally, for letting me come invade your home for the day.  What a blessing!



... and Ally's kids jumped in too!

Here are some random pics of Emery just hanging around the house....


First time hanging out on the tile... she didn't mind it!

Look at that face!

LOVE IT!! 
these were my own baby clothes I found!!!

And some fun video for your viewing pleasure!!!

she cracks me up!!!!  (you'd think she was Italian! lol)


1 comment:

  1. Oh my!!! Those pictures, especially the close-ups of Em's face, are just beautiful! And, I love the video!!! I love the sweet voice! Tell her that Evan and Ryan are missing her and can't wait to have playdates again when Ryan is all better!

    ReplyDelete