.

.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

have... to ... slow ... down...

In the last week, I have lived at the hospital for 51 hours in the last 6 days without a day off. Only had one day off in the last 9 days and only 2 days off in the last 13 days. All that to say.... I'm exhausted! And before you tell me I need to rest and take care of myself... let me say... trust me! I have been regardless! But when it comes to work and call-time and class, you really have no choice. I'm just glad to be through it and look forward to the next few weeks being back to 'normal'. Today I broke down and had a tall soy latte and finally felt a little energy and personality. I felt like a slug. You gotta do what you gotta do. Other than that, I'm doing great!!!



Today, Sean told me he's proud of me for working hard and "taking care of our kidlet". It brought me to tears along with doubts that what he says is true. Every day I worry I'm not doing my best to take care of our little precious girl to the best of my ability. But I feel my ability these days are hindered. I don't know why but my ability to put the simplest meal together is near void. So it usually comes to eating something that is slightly less than the best. But all in all I eat my veggies, fruit and dairy and drink so much water I'm a frequent flyer to the little girls room. I guess this is only the beginning of many many years of feeling inadequate as a parent. But you just keep going... all you need is love, right? I hope.

I'm coming into my 20th week! I can hardly believe it! I'm feeling her move every single day, all day!! It's so amazing! My belly continues to grow! And I continue to grow out of, officially, all my pre-preg clothes! I'm loving this journey!! Love it love it love!!! To God be all glory and honor and praise!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Amy I'm so happy for you. Beyond what words can describe. You are doing fantastic. My OB always tells me, the baby gets priority over you. They are doing better than you are...so...try not to stress. :) (haha, I know!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, you're doing great! Don't sweat the small stuff. Your lifestyle is plenty healthy enough to provide her with everything she needs! I remember trying to do everything perfect at the beginning of my pregnancy, but then there's reality. A soy latte is nothing to fret! For some reason I craved whoppers and big mac's my last month-- and I enjoyed every calorie of my guilty pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks girls! Its a good reminder! And this is the only time you really don't have to feel guilty, right??? :)

    ReplyDelete