.

.

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Our North Carolina Trip August 2015

Sean began working for Symmetry Financial Group in April of 2015.  And when he told me his National Conference was in Raleigh, North Carolina, I was so excited and was NOT about to miss this opportunity to visit!  NC is one place we've always talked about visiting.  It was actually the first place we looked at when we were flirting with the serious idea of moving.  Plus, our good friends Chris and Ashley who moved from Fresno to Raleigh, were going to have their brand new baby soon before our trip.  PLUS, we would be traveling with friends, also with SFG, along with another close friend, Heidi, coming all the way from California! So I was all over it!  So here is our vacation to NC.... a little business and a whole lot of fun!!

First off... we had to buy Emery her first very own suitcase.  And boy was she SO excited!!  She took it as her carry on and to my surprise she never once asked us to carry it for her.  She took responsibility and she owned it!!  lol
Daddy and Emery marching through the airport

She had to have the window... of course!  She is such a big girl
(I love how she always crosses her legs!  haha)

Goofy girls!!

Upon arriving in Raleigh my senses took us straight to Videri Chocolate Factory 
right after dinner! lol

Downtown Raleigh down the street from our hotel.  
This was our view from dinner on the restaurant patio

So excited Heidi came!!  Dinner with her our first night

On day one of the conference, I did not get to attend the sessions because we did not have anyone to watch Emery.  So, much to my dismay (ha!), Emery and I got to go meet up with Chris and Ashley for lunch, see their home and meet their precious Eli!!! 




Saturday morning while Sean and everyone went to their training sessions, Emery and I headed out and ended up at Pullen Park.  It was so cool!  There was a train, merry-go-round, playground, boats, trails and more!  We played and walked around but decided to bring daddy back for the fun stuff.    Saturday night, Chris and Ashley did agree to take Emery for us so we could attend the party together, relax and enjoy ourselves.  It was a carnival theme and there was a lot going on!  We had a ton of fun!

me and my baby!

Tyranie, Heidi and me!

Caught this lady walkin around and just had to get a picture! lol

I have to just say... I rocked this thing!  I know I could have never done this before in my life.  But with my increased workouts and diligence for health and fitness, I smoked the girls 
and even many of the guys!!  hahahahaha


After the conference was over and we checked out of our hotel on Sunday, we along with Heidi headed to the Sarabia's.  We planned to stay with them until Wednesday.  Time for vacay!  First they took us to Lake Johnson Park and we walked the path around the lake.  It was beautiful weather and beautiful scenery!



Then Sunday night, we went back downtown and ate at the Food Truck Rodeo where over 50 trucks from around the state converge every month or two in downtown Raleigh.  It was so fun and so yummy!  But how do you choose?????


Emery and baby Eli

Daddy and Emery

Gettin' my baby time!

Emery loved Ruger!!! Sweet pup!

And she couldn't get enough of Eli! (such a natural)

On Monday they took us to William B. Umstead State Park.  More of an off road trail.  It was a ton of fun!  So beautiful!  I seriously was falling in love with NC!!








They took us to a couple super yummy places to eat, one being Burgerfy!  Oh.my.goodness!!  So good!  And this was another place although I can't remember the name but it was so delicous and a really cool venue!  Kind of French/Tuscan (is that a thing?)

On Wednesday, we sadly said goodbye to our sweet friends and took our last day and night to spend together.  We took Emery to the Marbles Children's Museum in downtown Raleigh.  This was her first experience at a true interactive museum for kids.  We all had so much fun!  There was so much to do!  And then we ended with some ice cream!!!  :)


There was play....



And pretend....



And games....


And the workout zone (my favorite!)....




We had a great time!  Both with new friends and old friends and just as a family.  But every good trip must come to an end.  Time to say goodbye to NC for now.  But hopefully we'll be back!

So proud to have her own ticket!

Completely content with her Frozen headphones and her videos.  Easy Peazy!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment