.

.

Friday, September 4, 2015

Family Girl's Trip to Waco!!! June 10, 2015

Awhile back we had an idea for a girl's day with the kids!  The destination was to be the Blue Bell Creamery and Plant, but they unfortunately were still closed down for who knows how long.  So we decided to make our trip to Waco, on June 10th, with hotspot stops along the way!  It was 4 of us adult women and 8 kiddos from ages 4 to 18!  We were outnumbered 2:1!  But what a day we had!  It was a ton of fun!  In one car it was me and Tyranie with the younger girls Emery, Meagan and Hannah.  In car #2, it was Kathy and Julie with the older kids Lucas, Zach, Elisabeth, Josh and Madeline.  
It was time to party on the road!!!!

 First stop was The Old Czech Stop for yummy sweet kolaches and savory kolaches.  Delicious!!!!  I got to introduce this to everyone since Sean and I went there last year on our way to San Antonio. Our first stop once we got to Waco was the well known bridge and life-size Longhorns!  
It was pretty cool.  
These two just crack me up!!  Sistas from different Mothas! haha 


"The Bridge"





Josh freaked us all out by climbing up there!   

All the kids..... love every single one of them like they're my own! 

Despite being only a week after my initial injury where I tore my ACL (unbeknownst to me at this point), I was able to get around quite well with my knee wrapped in an ACE bandage.  And did it keep me from climbing 5 feet up the underside of this part of the bridge??  Nooooooooo!!!!  Of course not!  Though fear of falling on that leg did keep me from challenging myself to go higher! lol

The kids climbed up on this 6 foot high LongHorn!

Meagan, Elisabeth, Emery, Madeline (and Zach) :)


Best friends/sisters/cousins

Over 20 years of friendship that started in Fresno at Valley Christian Center and lasted 
all these years and now God has brought each of our families to Texas and we get to live close 
to each other!  It is crazy awesome! (Julie, Tyranie, Amy, Kathy)

Our next stop was the Mammoth Site.  This is a real live Mammoth dig site!  
It was so cool!!  Even for us adults!  






My most favorite part of the trip???   Visiting Magnolia Market!!!!  Sean and I are HUGE fans of the show Fixer Upper!  We love the show, but we love Chip and Joanna and their talent and love for Jesus even more!  They have put Waco on the map for sure!!  It was so fun seeing their store and I cannot wait for the new store to open very soon... Magnolia Market at the Silos!  The store will be 4x bigger!  I was like a kid in a candy store!  Also... just driving through Waco you see all the sites from the show's intro.  Definitely makes Waco more exciting than it probably really is.  hehe ;)
Emery was feeling a bit shy (and tired I'm sure) 


this is what my home in heaven will look like! 

Emery enjoyed shopping too! 


and I found the Silos!!  So cool! 

This is their new store!!!  Coming Soon!  I see another drive in the near future!

From here we went on a search for an ice cream sandwich food truck that someone recommended.  We finally found it downtown and sat on the street in the heat of the day, ice cream melting down our hands, but very much enjoying this super yummy treat!!  You pick your cookies and then your ice cream and VOILA!!  Pure deliciousness!!!!

And before heading home, I had to stop at Common Grounds, also highlighted on the show when they did a Fixer Upper for the young couple that owns this place.  It was right next to Baylor University so it felt very much like the ultimate college hangout!  Tons of space inside and out!  
Even a stage in back where they local bands perform.  And yummy coffee too!  Super fun!


It was such a wonderful day filled with great conversations, some learning, and a whole lot of laughter!!!  I am beyond blessed to have been placed here in Texas with these beautiful, Godly friends who I'm lucky enough to do life with and also call sisters!!!  
And a whole bunch of amazing kids to adopt as my own!





No comments:

Post a Comment