.

.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

November... and some of Emery's new likes, dislikes, attitudes and gratitudes!


So Emery surprises us sometimes (a lot actually).  And last night was no exception.  It was going to be a freezing 24 deg during the night.  So I put her in a fleece footsie onsie for the first time this fall.  She wasn't sure she liked it just yet since now she has such a big opinion on things than she did a year ago! lol  But she wore it to bed.  We always check on her before we go to bed and thank God we did!  Sean waved me to come in there.  And there she was, all snuggly under her blanket with one naked arm hanging out and propped up by her head..... with the onsie in a heap on the floor beside her!! haha   She was going to be one frozen kitten by morning had we not checked on her!!!  Silly girl!!

She is also getting wittier and quicker with every passing day.  The other morning Sean passed a little gas (I'm sure I'm being kind), and Emery says "what was that dad?!"  And he says "that was a duck!"  Later that day, it was Emery's turn.  Sean says "did you toot?!"  And Emery says "no dad, that was a duck!"   We both laughed so hard that she had remembered and then used it back on him!!!!  She still says that to us!!  She cracks us up constantly!  One day we were at my friends house and she was precariously perched on a low window sill, holding on to the table. She says "look mom!"  I said "Be Careful" and she quickly responds "mom dont say that. I am!!"  eesh!  lol

Then there's the mouthy side!  haha   Of course she is getting good at working us both.  We were out at a restaurant and she kept asking for something.  I told her No then Sean told her No, but she persisted.  Finally after Sean told her no again, she looked at me and asked me again.  Sean immediately stopped her and said "Emery I told you no!" and she looked straight at him and said "Daddy, I talking to mommy."   Whaaaaaaat!!???????  We couldn't believe she just said that!  Another night, we were at home and the same scenario was happening.  Except she kept asking Sean and he kept saying no.  Finally she responds by saying "FINE, I'll ask mommy!".   We both looked at each other and mouthed the word "FINE" in awe!   Where does she get this stuff!!!  It's crazy to us!  Just goes to show how much they pick up from us and kids they are around and they put it all together. We are in awe everyday how she is coming up with new big words and using them appropriately.  It amazes me!

So a few of her favorite things lately......

*  She LOVES and is obsessed with wearing dresses lately!  And since it is winter and all she has is summer dresses, I put them on right over her clothes (don't worry I don't let her go out like this. lol)   Some are simple summer dresses and some are big super frilly special dresses.  She loved her Christmas dress this year!   She even made my neighbor, who watched her one night while we went out on a date, put on a dress.  lol
*  Along with the dresses, comes the obsession with her new dress shoes.  I didn't think I had any for her for Christmas and God Bless whoever handed her down these beautiful, near new, black dress shoes.  And they fit!!!  What a blessing!!  But now she wants to wear them ALL the time!
*  SHE decides what shoes she is going to wear.  Sometimes I have to put my foot down when it's 29 degrees outside with a wind chill of 20 and she wants to wear her pink mary jane "slippers", as she calls them, with no socks.  But usually I'm ok with her choices.  She still loves her cowgirl boots!!  But maybe I'll buy her brown ones next time as pink doesn't always go with her outfits!  lol
*  Her favorite movies are Monsters, Inc, Cars, Bubble Guppies (still and probably forever!) and Sophia the First.  Actually the most recent and definitely most watched in a 4 day period is Enchanted!  Which I am really excited about since I can enjoy it too!!

November in Pictures!



 Emery was invited to her friend Ari's princess dress up birthday party.  It was so cute!!  They painted their nails, dressed them up, did there hair and makeup and then had a full tea!  She had so much fun!


 
Just another  cold winter day in Texas!!  But style for this one is not out!!
 My good friend Meagen had her baby, Grayson, and Emery got to hold and love on him.  She was in heaven!! She kept saying "Aw, he's so cute!" and rubbing and kissing his head.  Get practice girl!!!

One little picture of Thanksgiving dinner with our Friemily!!
We took Emery to Carvel Ice Cream (as on TV! lol) She loved it!!  She is an ice cream lover to say the least, just like her mommy! 
A day in the park  
An another one of mommy's cold runs in the park!!  She is such a trooper!!


No comments:

Post a Comment