On March 28th, my father-in-law suddenly passed away. I will never forget... I was waiting for Sean to come home from work. I heard the garage open but after he didn't come in for quite a while, I finally went out to check on him. Figuring he was on the phone, I quietly came around the corner to find him on an intense phone call. He told me blatantly and quickly and my heart sank. I went back in side, sat down with tears in my eyes, and processed what he had just told me. Dad was found that day, by my eldest brother-in-law, laying peacefully in his bed. Isn't that the way we all hope to go? It gave us all peace to know that's what happened. We suspect a heart attack. The suddenness of it was the difficult part. And that is something we will all continue to process differently. The very next day Sean was on a plane back home to Fresno. I tried to go to work, but as I sat there in my surgery case anxious and in tears, I knew I had to go too. I took a break and made the phone calls that got Emery and I bereavement flights leaving the next day. By Saturday night we were all back together with Brett and Mattie and the kids, and Devin. All a family, together once again.
Emery got her Easter basket a day early and very early in the morning before our flight
Emery had her own seat for the first time!
Bubble Guppies bought me some quiet time :)
... then it was on to my phone during the second flight
The first couple days we spent having low key talks and fun. The kids played, we all caught up. It was a great time, as if nothing had happened and no time had passed. But eventually the plans had to be made and soon it was underway. Brett and Sean were crazy busy with all the planning. The memorial service for dad was really great. Our pastor, Dale Oquist, at People's Church, did the service and Sean did the eulogy. He was so stressed about it, but in the end God gave him the most awesome message and he portrayed his dad in the most beautiful way. He honored him greatly and as he did, so many memories came back to me. It was a wonderful time remembering him with friends and family. He really was a great man who had a broken heart after mom passed away. But they are together again!!!
Sean's family
First night with her cousins!!! It's bathtime!
After church we had lunch and egg hunt at the Martinez's
Cousin time! Owen, Mckenna and Emery
It was a gorgeous day!!
Family pics!
Racing with her cousins!
me and the girls! Love my Emery and Mckenna!!
I finally got to meet my newest nephew, Levi!
My Family!
Cousin Levi!
Cousins Mckenna, Owen and Levi!
Cuties!!
My Family!
Cousin Josh!
Cousin Jenna!
Cousin Jordan and auntie Nae Nae!
Emery with Grandma Sherril and Jenna
My brother's kids... love them and miss them so much it hurts!
Emery and Jenna... hanging out
Friends and Fun!
Kuppa Joy!!
I visited this new coffee shop in oldtown Clovis more than a few times during my visit. So sad they opened after I moved away. But so glad to be able to enjoy it with friends!!
That's my very very very best friend and soul sister at the counter :-)
My dear friend Tonia brought me my favorite Maddie's Cupcakes!!
Coffee at Kuppa Joy with my friend and hair stylist, Tamara
(who's hopefully moving to Texas soon too!
Shopping with Tamara in Oldtown
We got to visit with my dearest friend, Lisa, and Emery's Beau-friends!
Girl's night out with my girlfriends!
Brett turned 30 while we were there! Yeah! So we got to go out on an
adults only date to the Yardhouse! So much fun!
Emery checking out the real estate in Cali! lol
She missed her second birthday here at Batter-Up so we took this picture a couple months late (we celebrated her first birthday here as well as week 1, 2 & 3 and many more!)
I was so excited to see that Big Hat Days in Clovis was going on while I was there and
got to go with both of my sisters-in-law, Renee and Melissa!
got to go with both of my sisters-in-law, Renee and Melissa!
We visited Papa Chuck. This is Emery outside of my mommy's house where I grew up
This is typical of me and my brother... LOL!!!
And this is a typical evening in the McCarley house... loud, obnoxious and fun!
Auntie Nae Nae loves her Lola so much!!! and Lola loves her!
Ten days later, Tom, Sean and Devin pulled out of Fresno... Sean's third drive to Dallas in 8 months! I was supposed to leave as well, but Emery ended up in Urgent care with a fever and bilateral ear infections! I was afraid to fly and everyone strongly suggested I wait a day or two. So I did. I made the most of it. But just like in August, after Sean pulled out of Fresno with my life in a truck, I, once again, felt the anxiousness of wanting to get back home with him. But we eventually left two days later in the afternoon. Emery was way past her naptime and with a dose of Benadryl on board and lots of prayer, she slept the ENTIRE 3 hours home!!! Thank you Jesus!!!
Can't wait for my next visit home! It will be much more relaxing and fun!!!! Until next time!!






































No comments:
Post a Comment