Well to say the least, Emery is changing changing changing!!!! Did I say she is changing?? Sheesh! I can't believe how quickly things are moving... including her! Although she is not crawling yet, she is most definitely making her way around. We will move the ottoman into the center of our (U-shaped) couch and then sit on either end and let her play in the middle. She will roll and scoot back and forth between us, pulling herself up and over us. Its so much fun!! But even though I think I'm discovering the moon here, all you alum parents already know that now the craziness has started!! She requires a lot more to stimulate her. She is not content for as long in her exersaucer. And the days of eating with her in my lap are history (although this one was going away a while ago). Taking her out is still pretty easy, but naps have almost ceased in the car. And if she does fall asleep it is short lived. And naps.... she has cut one out officially! Which is good and bad.... before she took 3-4 45 min naps. Now she takes 2-3 naps that are 1-2 hours. Anyway... just another adjustment.
And then there's the thing you can't escape when they start moving... bumps and bruises! She got her first one last wed at my friends house. She fell (from sitting, thank goodness) onto her forehead onto their wood floor. It wasn't too bad but she had a bruise for almost a week. Then when you're in public, you feel like everyone thinks you abused your child. Its awful! Glad its out of the way. She survived. So did we. But that is exactly why Sean, and now I, am so worried about her crawling on our tile floor. (right now, since I have my back turned, I have her on a blanket on the floor completely surrounded by pillows! lol)
She continues adding to her 'sounds'. She's got dada, mama, baba, and lala down! Along with blowing bubbles and sniffing in and out while pooching her lips (its the cutest thing! does it all the time!!)
So much is happening! Its not just adjusting to each new day with a baby and being parents and being "Married" parents... its all the projects Sean has going on in the house, its our jobs and thinking constantly about our future and where God is leading us. It is constantly taking all these things before the throne and trusting them to God. It is all a faith walk. But it is exciting. It is an adventure... our adventure! :)
Just a few pics from the past week.....
I took Emery for a walk and ended up at Grandma Dorene's. It was a great time!
Emery's first Halloween!
She LOVED the candy!! (no she didn't eat any!)
Sleepy princess!
p.s. How could I forget??!!!! Emery gave me her kisses today for the first time!!!! And she did it over and over and over. I must have got 15 from her. I started crying on the first one and the rest were filled with laughter. The glimmer in her eye and the huge smile on her face the entire time made me think that she knew exactly how happy she was making me at that moment!! Priceless! Thank you Jesus for such a truly blessed gift that could only come from you!
I LOVE walking alongside you guys in your "adventures"! I love Emery's personality! She is so lovable!! I can't wait to see her giving you those kisses...so sweet!
ReplyDelete