.

.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Emery's First Wedding and our first trip to SLO as a family!


This past week has been filled with fun and excitement. And with that.... exhaustion! :) You can never have fun without being tired. This past weekend we attended a wedding in Cayucos. All five couples went together to celebrate the marriage of our sixth couple in our Life Group bible study. It was Emery's third vacation! And her First wedding!!! I was more excited of course. I found and bought her beautiful dress 3 months ago!!!

Saturday most of us met up in downtown SLO and ate at Woodstock's Pizza!~ So yum!!! Then walked around a bit. Then we all headed to Cayucos to help take care of our friends' twins while they were at the rehearsal. After that we headed to Avila Beach to have dinner at the Custom House. Though it was 'cold', we sat on the patio (it felt sooooo good!). It was a beautiful evening!!! Such great company!!!
Dinner at the custom House

The day of the wedding was busy and hectic.... whether someone was setting up the wedding and reception or just plain taking care of babies! (we had 4 babies under 7 months old!) It was a tiring day. But the ceremony was beautiful, there on the beach, and the reception was a fabulous time eating, celebrating, and dancing! The twins and Emery were worn out by the end of the night... as were we! All but two of us couples returned home that night after the wedding.

Our family on the Cayucos Pier

The babies at the beginning of the evening!

The Newlyweds! ~ Lazaro & Niermin Santana!

Mommy and her daughter
Daddy and his daughter
My two favorite people!!

And.... the babies at the end of the night.... lol

But the next day, the Taylors (and twins) and we bummed around the hotel awhile then headed into SLO again, ending up at woodstocks for lack of seating at Firestone. We got our coffees at Peets and took off for Avila Valley Barn. Though it was really fun to finally experience this place, I had the privilege of taking home one, very undesirable memory.... A painful, itching, swollen arm. Something either bit me or stung me. It was so painful! (It continued getting worse over the next couple of days with intense heat, hardness, extending redness and swelling and unbearable itching. Went to the dr and got a shot in my butt and 10 days of abx! yippee!!!! :))
Me and Lisa with the babies at Avila Valley Barn

After that we headed toward home... but we had to make one stop....

.... Cass Winery!

Yes, I had to stop and get a couple bottles! :) Sean and I tasted in order to decide. I was worried that Brent and Lisa might think it was a wasted drive. But I LOVED sharing that time with them at my favorite winery. I just wanted them to experience the beauty and peacefulness there. I figured we could hang out and taste and have snacks and feed the babies. But of course nothing turns out the way you think. But I think they still enjoyed it. I know I did! Thanks guys! Then it was on to home!

Tuesday Emery and I were exhausted. She woke up and ate and went right back to sleep for 3 HOURS!!!!

On a random note.... I looked over at her this morning and she looked up at me with her toy still in her mouth and tons of spit up coming out of her mouth and gave me that huge sweet smile. There's truly nothing sweeter.....

back to mommyhood.....



just for fun.... our friends showed off their amazing swing skills!!!! :)
(Love you Lis!!!!....)

2 comments:

  1. Okay, my friend!! I was reading along and enjoying all the pictures and memories UNTIL I got to the video of us swinging! First of all, I did not know you were filming us and second of all, that should not be shown to everyone!!! :) I love you, anyway! It was such a fun weekend with you! Glad you three stayed another night with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. luckily only 9 people follow my blog.... lol

    ReplyDelete